Thick hearing aid mould tube for paradise UP hearing aid?

I’m thinking of getting thick tubes for my hearing aids. I have slicone earmoulds and wear paradise UP BTE hearing aids. Would 2,1 x 3,6 milimetres thick tubes be compatible my hearing aids?
I think thick tubes would be less sound leaking?
Thanks.

1 Like

Yep, twin walled tubing will give you around 4 or 5db of extra gain… According to my A.uD :smile:

1 Like

Is there a reason you wouldn’t ask your audiologist this?

She’s unavailable now.

2 Likes

Thanks. Interesting information.

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter what hearing aid it is.

It all depends on how big the hole is for the tubing in your ear moulds. If the hole is too big, getting smaller tubing will be no good as it’ll fall out.

1 Like

You mean double wall tubing?

1 Like

What about this one?

1 Like

I have never actually bought it @Terost, my private A.uD gives me a pack when needed, for free, she called it twin walled, and twas her suggestion to try it out… It will most likely be the same stuff, or very similar… cheers Kev :wink:

I had one long long time ago. The regular tubings are smaller diameter than the free ear hooks. The tubing are a bit larger and l get more gain. This is what l use.

Without the plug, l use it with my full shell ear molds.

1 Like

Thnaks for the replies. I’ve ordered the thick tubes. I’ll probably get the new tubes tomorrow and see what’ll happen.

I’ve been using the tubes and there has been a subtle increase in sound fullness but more feedbacks. Feedback might be due to earmoulds

More gain opens the door for feedback.

Which is why the earmold needs to be changed and program the aids properly. I get more gain but not getting any feedback with the larger tubings.

1 Like