They offered me a Phonak P90 or a GN Resound ONE. Is this a good deal?

Yeah this sounds about right, it’s clipping, this is something easily adjusted by your audiologist, adjustments made through noise reduction and MPO in the right frequencies, at your level of loss you may not want to turn it off completely, otherwise really loud sounds may become increasingly uncomfortable.

1 Like

Won’t you need loud sounds to trigger the issue, if not, that Impulse noise reduction feature is pretty aggressive!

When it was on I knew exactly the environment and sounds that trigger the clicking. If I choose to leave it on in the Jabra aids I can easily test it in exactly that same environment with the exact same sounds.

After trialing the Phonak P90 and the GN Resound ONE, I finally went with the later and ordered a Phone Clip+, so I can stream from other sources rather than from the limited range of compatible android phones.

While the Phonak P90 were really comfortable and Bluetooth streaming was really smooth, the rationale for choosing the GN Resound ONE was the following:

• I felt that speech in noise was better with GN (just slightly better, though).
  • Sound felt more natural to me with GN.
  • My previous HA were a pair of Phonak V90, with a really similar sound quality compared to the P90, so: I already had the Phonak experience and I can come back to it if I ever want that. That is: I didn’t perceived a huge improvement over the V90.
  • I’m still hearing the crackling noise, but my audi promised me that this is not normal and we would find the cause and address it (impulse reduction is on the lowest setting).
  • If the M&RIE thing proves to be useful and not a marketing gimmick, I’ll trial these receivers on the future.
  • And, if everything fails, I have a 3 months money back guarantee.

Total price: 2412€ (2870 USD, 2074 Pounds).

But, anyway, these things are bleeping expensive. I hope I can teach them to do my taxes, at least.

1 Like

I am from Spain too and I am currently looking for hearing aids, I am very interested on this conversation and I would like to know where to find that price and the opportunity to try them.
I just signed on this forum and still haven’t found out how to send private messages to @OpenFitted in case you can’t give that information here.

Hello Vila,

I found that deal at Amplifon/GAES. Sadly, that deal is no longer available. I think you might still be able to find similar deals.

Regarding the clicking noise… It’s frustrating… I haven’t been able to fix it. My audiologist reduced the amplification on some frequency bands, and I think my speech in noise has worsening. Impulse reduction is on.

Man, I’m really considering DIY right now.

3 Likes

Thanks!
I am still searching.
I hope in some days you will be able to tell us the clicking has finally disappeared

1 Like

I trialed both albeit the ReSounds hadn’t come out with the M & RIE, yet. When it came to music, the ReSounds were unbeatable, they sounded amazing and music became more magical again for me, but at all other times they were unbeatable for me. For the first 10 days within an hour I would have a headache that lasted all day long, then I took 2 days off without wearing them, and after that the headaches stopped but I still found them extremely hard to use and it seemed to me the auto sound reduction for background noise like fans, was extremely slow to kick in, in the vicinity of 3 minutes to kick in. Now thats slow!! The Audiologist was great but only dealt with Danish hearing aid manufacturers like ReSound and Oticon, and felt all other hearing aids were useless, but in my testing so far it seemed almost to be the other ways around. The only exception was the Oticon More, but VA would only go for the S3 which is the lowest level in the, withe tha Paradise they went to P70, a much higher level with more options I found, with much less background noise like fans, refrigerator etc.

This is easily adjusted in the software by your audiologist.

Well with advice like this from your audiologist, it’s time to move on and find someone a bit more professional.

I always thought that the VA only dealt with the top premium models?

1 Like

Hi.

In Madrid there are Costco stores very close to you. In Getafe and Las Rozas.

https://www.costco.es/servicios/centro-auditivo#popup199

The Ks10 is very similar to the Phonak P90 RT.

Luck.

Your thinking of US VA, in Canada it is much different. The US takes great pride in there Military, not so in Canada, Remembrance day to most Canadians and businesses is a fake holiday. I have worked overseas in Germany and England, I have been thanked for my service by more Germans than Canadians, as a matter of fact I can count on one hand how many times I’ve been thanked by Canadians. I did a job in Colorado Springs, and at the moring meeting on the 3rd day, after someone found out I was ex-military, the other (about 20) Supervisor stood up one at a time stated what branch they served in and how many years then thanked me for my service. I was so overwhelmed and grateful I didn’t know what to say, I still feel so grateful for that to this day. Sorry for the rant.
Unfortunately in Canada the government doesn’t care for the military or veterans, so a good audiologist is really helpful, and needed, but hard to find. You won’t get top of the line, but the good programming can fix a lot of that, plus they can help you get some accessories to help out.

have you asked your audiologist if there is an upgrade for the HA operating system? I have new P90’s.

I’ll really interested in hearing other people’s comments on the P90"s so I can use mine better.

Dave
Toronto