The latest generation of Roger On™ makes online calls easier

The latest Blurb, from Phonak on the Roger On V2, I am not sure, how effective this is, IMO you can do most of this if you attach a TV Connector 2 to your laptop or PC, via a 3.5 audio plug, perhaps just another way of Phonaks relevant obsession of trying to part us from our hard earned cash :rofl: Cheers Kev :wink:

2 Likes

Cosmetic upgrade is one of the common technics to generate money.Wait a while before doing anything. See what happen then only decide where you want to go. Patience can save us a lot of our hard earned cash! Cheers…

1 Like

Thank you @dankailo for that advice, it is very helpful to others… Perhaps, you might be preaching to the converted :grin: :rofl: :upside_down_face: but, it’s important that folks get the message, there is a huge second hand market, for Roger devices, so I am very much obliged for your post :grin: I have several different types of Roger devices, all bought second hand… Certain Roger devices only work with Type 2 receivers, I have 3 sets of Roger X receivers, 2 sets of type 2, one set of type 3, a set for each of my 3 sets of aids :grin: I also have the Roger Installer, of the 6 Roger X receivers, I only bought 1 new, the first one… I never made that mistake again!!! Probably took me over a year to get all 6 receivers? Patience is a virtue, and I will wait months for the correct deal… :wink:

3 Likes

As long you do not rush, then you can see things in very good perspective. Patience is money.

Since you have so many types of Roger, I would like to check with you whether there is any possibility of Roger devices connecting to Xceed 1.

Recently, Apple announced that their newer generation computer is able to connect directly to MFI HA. Phonak is not in the list. Widex, Oticon More & Xceed are on the list.

All the best. :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

Current Phonak will never be able to connect to MFi, but they should be able to connect to any Mac computer via classic bluetooth. Might take some futzing with different adapters though (or might just work)

2 Likes

I think @dankailo , assuming Xceeds have Telecoil, I am almost certain they do… you could use the RogerLoop to connect, these have built in Roger X receivers, you can I believe then connect to any Roger devices, there are 2 different versions, RogerLoop type 2 (Educational) which connects to all Roger devices, or the standard RogerLoop Type 3… The only other way I can think of, would be Phonak Roger direct input shoes for Oticon devices, I have a RogerLoop Type 3, it’s never been used since I bought it from Connevans, it has a 3.5 audio jack plug for direct input from a PC, Laptop, Mac or iPad… RogerLoop is by far the cheapest option to connect to any Roger devices at present, I believe? Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

My Xceed has Oticon hearing aid shoe FM10 for ear level receiver. How to use this aid shoe to connect to Roger - if possible.

Saw this at Connevans website:-

I think I do not need to use it at the moment as More 1 is able to connect to iphone and streaming is not a problem.

1 Like

Could you share where you’ve seen this information? I’d like to be able to connect my HAs to a Macbook but can’t find this information anywhere.

1 Like

Check this out.

1 Like

Hey
I wear the Phonak Paradise

I have the Cisco 8851
I connect my roger on in tk my phone via a phone recorder adapter
Problem is I have to pick up the recording or use a wired headset

I was told the the v2 has a headset mode.
Can I still hook up and be able to talk thru the v2

Hello @rxscott63, TBH, if I am interpreting your question correctly, I haven’t tried the Roger On V2, I believe @Zebras is familiar or read up on its capabilities, perhaps Ruth might comment, I am planning the Roger On V2, after I get my Naida Lumity 90 UP BTE’s next week on a free trial :grin: Cheers Kev :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1:

1 Like

@kevels55

@rxscott63

Roger On V2 is no different between normal Roger On.

Only difference is the USB cable can transmits your voice with the help of the Mic picking up your voice and also sending the other people speaking to your hearing aids when on a computer.

Still have to be connected via a cable, can’t walk round with it.

2 Likes

I remember reading that before and thinking I must have misunderstood, because what’s the point of that? You can already stream the audio to your aids using the Roger On v1 (or bluetooth…). Maybe the person on the other end can hear you more clearly if you use the Roger mic rather than a built-in one, but that’s it.

1 Like

Hello
How would i use the roger v2 with my Cisco 8851 it has a usb connection

@rxscott63

Plug it in?

1 Like