The Costco guy gave a very favorable review of the Apple Air Pod PRO 2 as OTC Hearing aids

I was surprised he liked them so much. Has anyone tried them as a replacement for their hearing aids? What did you think of their ability to be used as hearing aids?

This is his review

1 Like

@ronshere

I’m very interested. I have a new e-bike. I’m considering these OTC hearing aids for those rides, solely because I don’t want to lose my own hearing aids if anything happens…and…I have considerable wind noise using my Phonak Audeo Pradise P90R’s at the speed I can travel at. I’m using a typical bike helmet. (Concerns are wind noise, and possibly rain if that happens when I’m out for a ride wearing that helmet.)

My wife uses these when cycling (but she does not wear hearing aids).

1 Like

I’ve got some APP2 but the battery life is nowhere near that of my Phonak Spheres but they do cost 1/10th the price.

1 Like

For cycling and running I prefer some Shokz OpenRun bone conduction headphones (but they are now no good on my left side with my sudden hearing loss, but ok on the right).

1 Like

IMO, Airpods would be less than useful on an e-bike with your hearing loss.

1 Like

I wouldn’t call him “the Costco guy”. He himself publishes a disclaimer that his opinions do not necessarily reflect those of Costco.

C score at HearAdvisor: Apple AirPods Pro 2 Expert Review

Edit: but we do plan to retest soon with the new firmware to see if it helps.

1 Like

Thanks. I appreciate it.
I just put my sports lock back on my hearing aids so they’re in better.
And I’ll start looking for a helmet that will keep the rain off my bald spot and hearing aids. My bike “helmet” would be no good on a motorcycle. I don’t want to hit my head at all. The e-bike can cause the same head-hurt as a motorcycle would. Still have my motorcycle license, even though this isn’t nearly as fast.

DaveL