Temporary fix to Resound 3D

In case someone else has the problem, here is a hint. My new Resound Enzo 3D started to give feedback almost continually unless I turned it down to the minimum volume. I discovered that the plastic tip that screws on to the aid and leads to the ear mold would not tighten all the way. The internal thread of the tip was stripped where I guess I had tightened it too much. I tried several fixes: hot glue (that worked well for a day or 2), various tapes to cover the “leak”. Finally, I turned to teflon tape that plumbers use, and did what they do: wrap the tape for 3-4 turns around the thread on the aid and then screw the tip on, which was now tight, and it fixed the leak. I used small scissors to cut the very thin tape to about 3 mm wide.

They aren’t threaded, it’s a push fit: twisting the domes on and off has likely worn the inside of the tip away.

You are probably talking about the interface between the ear mold and the screw-on tip. The parts I am talking about on my Enzo 3D clearly have threads. (I am a machinist, and know threads when I see them. From images found by Google, I see the part I am referring to is the ear hook.

The problem could be a faulty earhook or hearing aid module. I would recommend sending the whole unit back to ReSound for replacement while it’s still under warranty. You don’t want to be tinkering with glue or tape on a long-term basis.

You guys are funny! I am of the old generation and have seen a few things. Until I can get to the audiologist next week, I would rather be able to use my hearing aid today. Teflon tape does not damage in any way the threads on the aid. But it does fix the “leak” that causes the feedback. My suggestion is only for the previous generations that knew how to fix stuff.

1 Like

Hahaha, you young whippersnappers need to learn to use spit and glue ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅((>

1 Like

This picture shows the place for the screw threads

1 Like

That’s not the tip, it’s the ear-hook.

Yeah use PTFE if helps, you should be able to get new threaded ear-hooks cheaply enough online.
Your description read more like a conventional dome interface in the ear.

This is a known issue with Resound BTE with ear hooks. My Quattros did it as well. Put a new set of ear hooks on, and they were loose as well. Basically the screw on the hearing aid gets worn down by movement while wearing, especially if you wear glasses. It would be a simple fix if Resound would just “pin” their earhooks so they don’t move like other brands do. Sadly, after sending my Quattro’s back to Resound, they came back and were loose, but not as loose.