Tech support for Pixel Phones and other Google products

I have a Google Pixelbook Go Chromebook. It’s out of warranty, but I have an extended warranty through my credit card. To use it, I need an estimate. I first went to BestBuy where I bought it. They said they can’t work on Google products because they don’t have the software and directed me to call Google.
I tried. They seem to have an impregnable phone support system that won’t connect you to a person. They direct you to their website. After following website flowchart, it directs me to a webpage that is nonfunctional. I’m off to BestBuy again today to see if they can help me.

Anyway, that was just a preface to my question. Have users of Pixel Phones and other Google products had challenges with tech support? This experience would make me very leery of buying another Google product.

Did you try chatting with Google on their website?

I think so. I think it’s all AI and won’t connect you to a person. Yes, just checked. I could find no way to actually get a person.

I did a Google search for Google products repair in your California area. Quite a few places came up. Maybe be this is a route to get an estimate and warranty repair done.

1 Like

That’s an idea if I strike out at BestBuy again. Thanks.

Google support is a challenge. Google will almost always tell you to go through the point of purchase if you didn’t buy direct from Google. Out of warranty, you should be able to get Google to support it since (in their point of view) you’re paying out of pocket to them for the repair. How/when you get reimbursed by your credit card coverage is irrelevant to Google.

Now I’ve only had Pixel phones, but both in and out of warranty I’ve had decent success just using the Google store chat functionality. Support matrix doesn’t mention Google’s Chromebook anymore but should still be possible. Can chat at the link below.

1 Like

Thanks. Seems like a good lead. Interesting that they apparently contract out to some other companies. It is interesting that their Chromebooks aren’t mentioned.

BestBuy was pretty much useless. Offered to send it back to their repair center for $85 to get an estimate. However, I checked out uBreakiFix however was quite helpful. They’re an authorized repair cente for Google (and Samsung) and readily gave a printed estimate. Should get me a nice disbursement from credit card extended warranty.

2 Likes

I was going to tell you about uBiF!
They have a geat reputation on reddit.
Glad you got it sorted.

Yes, they were the first to come up on that Google search.

"BestBuy was pretty much useless. "

You sound surprised? lol

My experience with Best Buy has been mixed. Still a reasonable place to shop as far as I’m concerned.