Taste problems after eardrum surgery

Hello, I’m new… The smile icon should be here but seems to have attached itself to the title…oh well!

I had eardrum surgery 3 months ago, it was successful but has left me with an inability to taste food properly on one side of my tongue! In fact the taste is distorted and seems to overpower normal taste in my whole mouth! I thought i could live with it but it’s driving me crazy! Anyone else have this experience?

Hi There,
I have eardrum surgery as well (in 2006), i consider it FAILED. coz my hearing just getting worse and worse, I really hope i never did the procedure.
As for tasting food, i have no problem. but it seem my teeth no longer aligned like usual, the doctor told me, but AFTER the surgery, not BEFORE, if i was told beforehand I would never do the procedure.

One more thing, my left eye seem always halfclosed by itself without me noticing.

— Updated —

Hi There,
I have eardrum surgery as well (in 2006), i consider it FAILED. coz my hearing just getting worse and worse, I really hope i never did the procedure.
As for tasting food, i have no problem. but it seem my teeth no longer aligned like usual, the doctor told me, but AFTER the surgery, not BEFORE, if i was told beforehand I would never do the procedure.

One more thing, my left eye seem always halfclosed by itself without me noticing.

There is a nerve on or near the eardrum and it may have been damaged. I had to have tubes placed and the dr forgot to tell me my tongue would be numb for a while afterwards due to the medication she used to numb the ear canal and drum. Have you talked to the dr about it?

— Updated —

There is a nerve on or near the eardrum and it may have been damaged. I had to have tubes placed and the dr forgot to tell me my tongue would be numb for a while afterwards due to the medication she used to numb the ear canal and drum. Have you talked to the dr about it?

most folks describe it as a metallic taste… it will fade away for most.

— Updated —

most folks describe it as a metallic taste… it will fade away for most.