Target installation problem Error 1312

When attempting to install either Target 8.1.0 or Target 7.1.11 the following error message is shown:

Error 1312. Cannot create the directory C:\ProgramData\Phonak. A file with this name already exists.

But, C:\ProgramData\Phonak does not exist on my computer. Viewing of hidden files is enabled, so I am sure the above mentioned directory indeed does not exist.

Installation via setup.exe or the msi produce the same results. I am using Windows 10.

Is it necessary to execute the install with command line parameters?

I have held off buying a NoahLink Wireless until Target is installed.

Any help with this issue is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

@user255
did you tray to execute/start the installer application as an administrator
right-click the executable file or the icon for the application, and then select Run as.

I executed the setup file as administrator. I also opened a command line terminal as administrator and executed the setup and msi files. The same error message was received.

This installation error occurrs on a desktop PC.

I have since successfully ran the installation on a laptop PC, also running Windows 10. So clearly there is something about my desktop PC that is incompatible with Target installation. At least I can go ahead and order the NohaLink Wireless adapter to use Target with my Phonak L90s.

2 Likes

Yeah there’s always something, different PC 's win10 32 bit, .NET Framework, drivers, etc.
Good you got it all sorted tho.

Why not create a new folder for the install? example: C:\ProgramData\Phonak_2.

Audiogram,

That’s one of the things I tried with no success. Told installer to use C:\Phonak as the directory, but the same error message appeared. Although I have Target working on my other PC, I will keep trying to get down to the bottom of this issue.

Did you try disabling any virus software?

Me Bad. I goofed. :flushed: Problem solved. :grinning:

When I first read the error message, I incorrectly thought that the problem was due to an existing C:\ProgramData\Phonak directory. I should have realized that the error was due to an existing file called Phonak under the C:\ProgramData directory. I easily located and deleted that file.

Now the installation on the first computer completed successfully. Lesson learned: read the error message carefully.

4 Likes

Where can a HA user download Phonak Target 8.1? I need to tweak my settings and it takes a long time to get an appointment at the VA.
Big John

Welcome to the forum, sure but you’ll also need the Noahlink wireless programming device for later models, check out the target user guide as well here.

https://www.phonak.com/en-us/site-search?q=Phonak+Target+step-by-step+guide+