Target 8 and L90's

For those of you Phonak owners that program their own HA’s or tinker with the setup that the audiologist created, what pages do you use most? As a new user of Target 8 and not being very knowledgeable, I have used only the Automatic Fine Tuning function. I like the idea of identifying a condition and allowing the software to suggest and then make a fix. Unfortunately, I find that the audio examples in the media files do not represent, for most part, the real world. I start out with a setting that sounds pretty good but when I leave the computer and try to communicate I am disappointed. It does provide a starting point for future adjustments which is a good thing.
I have not figured out what the differences between the Gain & MPO settings and the Audibility fine tuning settings are except that the latter are only for the high frequencies. What strategies do others follow when starting to program or tinker with existing settings? Also on the Gain & MPO page how fine do you set the frequency selection?

I’ve found it’s a lot of playing around with settings etc and working it out from there.

When I first started using Target in 2011, I once did 14 adjustments in one day as I was learning.

I’ve also taken my laptop to the place I want to hear better. For example, I took it to a waterfall, to be able to enjoy the sound better. After adjustments, it was a lot better.

2 Likes

Thanks for replying. I am hoping that I and others can benefit can benefit from others experiences.