"T" coil question

I have the Starkey CIC S series iQ HAs

Presently for TV it works best for me to remove my aids and use my old Optimuse 900MHZ wireless stereo headphones. This unit has a belt-pack so it allows me to use regular ear-buds (1/8 plug) rather than the clumsy larger headphones.

I have tried to use headphones over my HA and I can tell the T coil being activated by the magnet in the headphones and hear a short sound. Now I know with the T coil, a inductive connection, I wouldn’t need the sound from the headphones.
Would a neck-loop work? How would the T coil be activated since there is no magnet involved?

What would you recommended that would work with my belt pack, it has the 3.5 mm output?

If you use the neck loop you will have to switch to the t loop program. It won’t auto activate.

Thank you, since I don’t have control’s on my Starkey’s I assume I will have to see my Audi to turn the loop capability on.
Would I need the amplified kind of loop?

Do you have a program button on your HAs? I know some people that don’t have the control on their HAs, have to buy a remote control to change he program’s.

With regards to what type of loop, I would say no from my experience. A standard one will work just as well. I personally can’t hear with t coil myself. Maybe if you think you will struggle to hear it, maybe get an amplified neck loop.

Thank you again. No, my HA’s don’t have buttons, remote control, it’s getting interesting. I have only had the Starkey’s for a few month, still learning.
Thanks

CIC’s don’t have telecoils. Therefore a neckloop system of any kind will prove to be useless.

What you do have is an automatic phone detection program which then reduces or adds the hearing aid gain in certain frequencies to prevent feedback or enhance call quality. You can have your dispenser disable this program so it does not do that. This is a Starkey default program for switchless CIC’s.

Thanks, I had wrongly assumed the short warbling sound I hear briefly while anything with a magnet is held close to the HA was a telecoil being activated, my bad.

Just out of curiosity, once a telecoil is activated does that turnoff the microphone in a HA with telecoil capability?

On mine the sound just gets slightly louder but it didn’t feel like the sound was now delivered inductive. Thanks for helping me getting it strait

The short warble sound you hear is the sound Starkey hearing aids make when going into their automatic telephone mode when a magnetic field is present. This should not be confused with an actual telecoil program.

In a hearing aid that does have a T-coil that is enabled, it can be configured in a few ways. 1 - Manually using a switch. This can either turn off the mic or leave it on, or reduce the mic input level. 2 - Automatic T-Coil. This will engage only when a magnetic field strong enough to activate the setting is near the hearing aid. It too can be configured similarly.

Thank you, for helping me with that.