Supply source for hearing aid "string retainers"

I have found the hearing aid “string retainers” to be very helpful in keeping the dome end inside the ear… they become brittle after approx 3 months and therefore break and need replacement… The audiologist states that there is no supply source for these for their customers – they can only be obtained through the audiologist office… as these are just a piece of plastic with a 1.5" plastic line, that seems pretty ridiculous…
Wondering if anyone has identified a source?

Audiologist get them for no charge. Have you asked for a few? Domes and wax guards they can also obtain at no charge. The good ones will even mail them to you. That makes sense as a stamp is cheaper than their time for a visit.

The “string retainer” is typically referred to as a “sports lock”.

Precise Hearing has them for ReSound Dot aids. You may want to contact them and see if they offer them for other aids.

http://precisehearing.com/hearing-aid-accessories/general-accessories

Thanks for the comments /info…
I have gotten two-four a couple times from audiologist over past three years but dislike calling and requesting more once or twice a year… glad to hear they get them free ( I arrange to pick them up as they are 60 mi away) but would rather just be able to purchase a dozen if I could find them at reasonable price … there’s not even a penny’s worth of material in them.
Incidently, the ones I am referring to are not the “sport clip” nor the soft item shown in Precise Hearing site … but it’s a good place to contact to see if they have the simplier string retainer for the seimens BTE Pro 900 aids.

Thanks for the comments /info…
I have gotten two-four a couple times from audiologist over past three years but dislike calling and requesting more once or twice a year… glad to hear they get them free ( I arrange to pick them up as they are 60 mi away) but would rather just be able to purchase a dozen if I could find them at reasonable price … there’s not even a penny’s worth of material in them.
Incidently, the ones I am referring to are not the “sport clip” nor the soft item shown in Precise Hearing site … but it’s a good place to contact to see if they have the simplier string retainer for the seimens BTE Pure 500 aids.
So far I have found the tubes, dome, and receivers for them and the picture shows one on each tube but nowhere does it show where the string retainers can be purchased separately… yet…

Thats not strictly true. Sonova provide a couple of receivers with each aid FOC, but if you want spares, you get charged. Small accessories like this often cost more in handling and ordering than they are worth. Usually getting them on the net is the answer.

I can understand they don’t let you stock receivers for free. However, they do replace them under warranty. I recall a thread where one of the folks from a clinic stated small item weren’t charged. He sent several battery doors to a member here as a gesture… My domes and wax guards are provided and I have a supply of them at home at no charge.

Siemens calls their retention cords “concha locks”. The right size depends on which receiver you have. It might help if you specify one of these part numbers: 104 269 87 (S), 104 264 81 (M), or 104 269 85 §.

Most manufacturers do charge for these items to prevent leeching. And even for no-charge items, there’s still a shipping fee, so your provider may charge you to recoup their expenses.

I assume it is a nominal charge. I can understand that the Ebay allure can cause some to take advantage. I took a look at Ebay and found:

</td>
							</tr>
						</table>

<table>
		<tr>
			<td>	 					

</td>
			</tr>
		</table>

Details about   5 packs of WIDEX NanoCare Wax Guards ~ for WIDEX Hearing Aids. 8 Guards per Pack $34.95

I feel fortunate that my provider gives them for no charge. I have 3 packs of wax guards and a supply of domes. It seems that not providing them exposes the client to more and more abusive cost. It seems an abuse to those who might pay retail and then be nickle and more than dimed into such a situation.