Suggestions for Karaoke and Phonak hearing aid?

My husband has Phonak Audeo Paradise I think–the Kirkland 10’s. He was quite a crooner in his time, and occasionally is pushed into taking the stage when with friends at a Karaoke night. It is always very noisy and really hard for him to hear himself. There is probably too much of a delay with bluetooth to make such devices useful, but I wondered if perhaps the newer devices might offer a microphone or a streaming device that could be deployed in these situations? Maybe using newer bluetooth protocols? I have been thinking about buying a Roger On or something like that for him for general social gatherings, but am wondering if maybe the Roger On could be used like a headset or with a headset somehow and filter noise. You can tell this is not my wheelhouse, have no idea what the possibilities are, but his birthday is coming up and am trying to think of some HA tech companions that might enable him in social settings, singing, etc.

Roger on is wonderful, but I bet a partner mic clipped to his shirt with over-ear hearing protection would do the trick. And it would be a lot cheaper.

WH

1 Like

Are used Roger Ons worth looking for?

Need to make sure they have the receivers in the Roger On iN or buy the receivers too and have an audiologist put them in your husband’s HAs. Several on here have extensive experience buying roger products through markets like ebay.

There are software licenses (confusingly called receivers) needed in the HAs to receive Roger transmissions. Roger On (no in) comes without receivers and without ability to move receivers. If you get the “in” version, they come new with two receivers and can install them into most Sonova-made HAs. (That would include the KS-10s.) You can buy small devices that contain receivers and some audiologists have a device to install them.

I hope this helps. Best wishes!

WH

2 Likes