Sudden static - anything I can try to fix it? Phonak Audeo P90 RIC

Have had no problems with static with these hearing aids - Phonak Audeo P90 RIC. They were fine yesterday, took them off last night and cleaned them this morning. Cleaning by gently rubbed with lint free cloth, brushed off mics and dome. Left one works fine right is full of static - unwearable.

I replaced the battery, dome, and the wax shield - no change. The battery, dome and wax shield had all been replaced very recently. The HAs haven’t been near water or moisture.

Anything I can try to fix to fix it?

Swap the receivers from left to right temporarily and see if the issue follows the receiver or remains with the hearing aid. If it moves replace the receiver.

4 Likes

Thank you Vince J, I found a video that I believe shows me how to do it. I was surprised to see where the receiver was. I think I may be able to use a paper clip or pin to push through the receiver lock and exchange them. I didn’t realize I could purchase receivers - are there reputable parts to be had, does one purchase them through Phonak? Well, first things first … let me see if it is the receiver.

1 Like

They are likely a warranty item. Let the seller pony up a replacement if it is needed. If it is the hearing aid itself the audiologist should give you a loaner and send the aid off for repair. The swap test merely lets you enter that warranty phase better informed. As an aside, you can buy receivers independently. I would only buy Phonak personally and I would go though my audiologist. In my mind then there is clearly one person on the hook to resolve issues if something is not correct. Once you go off on your own, it gets more complicated.

1 Like

My audio has talked about giving me replacement receivers. He hasn’t done so yet.

I watched many of Dr Cliff’s videos. Those helped me a lot.

That little wire that goes from the hearing aid to the receiver looks so fragile.

Thanks for posting.

DaveL
Toronto

1 Like

Thank you VinceJ, I did change the receivers easily and the static moved from the right to the left device, mystery solved. Sorry though that this happened only a few months in. I will be taking them to the audiologist. I also appreciate knowing I can purchase the receivers myself (though Phonak) had I had some I could have solve the issue when it happened the other day. That would have been great!

1 Like