Streaming phone audio and using Easy Line Remote with KS10

I have some Costco KS10 paired to my android phone using the Easy Line app. It seems like it should be possible to also stream audio from the phone at the same time. When I got the HA’s the rep asked if I wanted to stream phone calls which I did not, but I presumed it was possible, and after reading the Easy Line guide it looks like streaming phone calls and or other media from my phone is set up as a “package”. When I unpaired the HA’s from the app (or maybe I totally uninstalled the app) I was able to pair the HA’s for media audio and phone calls but with the app paired I don’t see any way to get streaming too. My android version is 8.0.

Short of being able to have the app paired and also streaming media at the same time, is there a relatively easy sequence of steps to alternate use of the app and streaming?

I may not understand the problem. I can stream to my KS10’s whether or not the app is running. Once you’re paired with the Easy Line app, you can stream. There are three Bluetooth pairings, one for each of the HA’s and one for streaming.

Another possibility is compatibility with your phone. My Android version is 13.

The app uses low energy blue tooth. To stream from the phone uses regular bluetooth, so you have to pair twice (basically). My Costco rep did it for me, and you can certainly go in and have them help you with it or there are instructions on the Phonak website. What you have is mechanically a Phonak P90.

Thanks for the information. I went to the Phonak website and found a video which is essentially the same as explained in the guide for the app. When I select from the app to enable streaming, etc. my bluetooth connections on the phone show both left and right HA’s as paired, should it show both? If I select either HA nothing happens. The only option available for each is to unpair it. If I do a scan some device name made up of 6 pairs of alphanumeric characters is displayed but it will not pair.

I live about an hour away from Costco so one of these days when we go to do some shopping I will stop in to see what they can do.

When you install the app for the first time, it will step you through establishing LE Bluetooth connections for both aids to the phone. The app uses those connections to communicate with the aids. The app will also separately step you through establishing a regular Bluetooth connection to one aid (by default the right side) designated for phone and audio streaming. You can also do that pairing independently of the app, same as pairing any other BT device. Once finished, the BT connection list in your phone’s settings page should show three connections: two LE connections (one to each side) and one regular BT connection to the side designated for phone and audio streaming. Click on that connection to make sure it’s assigned to phone and audio.

If you have other BT audio devices already, such as wireless headphones etc, then there could be an issue about which device has priority. For example, I have a wireless Android Auto adapter in my car. But it doesn’t work automatically because my aid has priority for BT phone and audio. The easiest way to change that priority is to turn my designated BT aid off, wait a few seconds for the Android Auto adapter to take over the connection, and then turn the aid back on.

1 Like

What you are doing is paiting it to the app. To steambyour phone you need to pair it to your phkne with a full power blietooth connection. You do that from your phone’s bluetooth controls.

1 Like

Thanks for everyone’s input. I finally realized that to get the HA’s paired for streaming I had to get into paring mode by powering one HA down and then up again. My phone’s BT data now shows each HA with an LE connection and the right aid connected for call and media audio.