Streaming issues with iPhone 15 Pro

17.2 Beta 4 fixed all of the issues with dropped sound and static. I have informed my Apple engineer of this.

4 Likes

Yes, 17.2b4 seems to have fixed it :slightly_smiling_face:

Finally pffttt…

1 Like

I take that back, the static sound while streaming has returned (using iOS 7.1.2).

I recently upgraded my phone to an iPhone 15 Pro Plus. My 2 month old Philips 9040 HAs were working fine with IOS 17.1 until I had the HAs adjusted and updated. Then static started on notifications phone calls and streaming. After calls to Philips, visits to Costco and tech calls to Apple my local Costco replaced the 9040s with a new set that came with the latest software. Most of the issues have stopped but now occasionally on calls the left side cuts out and then returns . This is totally random. If I get a call it will work then stop working. The replaced set is better than the first set but not 100%. Using the HAs without the phone is fine. Streaming Youtube seams to work but pandora does not. I will not use HAs with Pandora I am looking at a nice pair of bluetooth headphones because the HAs are not good for streaming anyway. I feel ripped off.

The issues are nothing to do with your hearing aids. Apple have acknowledged that it is an issue with the iPhone 15 Pro models. I and others have also had the dropped sound and static, and have had ongoing communication with Apple engineers.

I’m happy to say it has been fixed in 17.2. The RC was released yesterday and will be released to the public next week so you should see these issues resolved.

3 Likes

That’s great news. Too bad Apple kept the issue a secret. I spent a good deal of time with several Apple support individuals and at no time did they confess to any Apple involvement. The replacement HAs worked better than the set that had the update applied at COSTCO. They still had occasional static caused by phone notifications. However Good news the IOS 17.2 update is now installed and so far no static at all.

2 Likes

so, in conclusion, worth buying iPhone 15 max pro?

Connect to a satellite with your iPhone

No calling, just texts and location info sharing.

WH

1 Like