Streaming device with 2 different sets of aids

This may seem unusual, but my wife and I will both be replacing our hearing aids in the near future. If we bought the device needed to stream audio from a TV, for example, would we both be able to stream at the same time, or would we need to have separate streaming devices? Considering Oticon More or Phonak Lumity devices.

The Oticon TV Adapter will stream to multiple Oticon compatible hearing aids.

1 Like

The same goes for Phonak TV connector and Phonak HAs

2 Likes

The short answer is no, you will need separate TV streamers.

Latency is a big problem with non brand manufactured hearing aid TV streamers.

1 Like

If you get the tv streamers from the company only one is required if you both have that brand HA. If you get a BT streamer, then you need one for ea pair HAs.

WH

2 Likes

several of the Bluetooth streamers that I have will stream to two different receivers … but the have greater latency than the phonak roger select IN that I use.

Thank you. I did some research on the brand’s sites and you are right. That’s good news.

2 Likes

What is the long answer? Because this answer doesn’t make any sense to me.

If both hearing aids are the same brand, you should be able to get that brand’s streamer and be able to use just one for both sets of hearing aids.

If you use (a) bluetooth streamer(s) you’ll probably need a streamer for each set, although there are more sophisticated streamers out there that might do both sets. But there tends to be an issue where there is a time difference between what you see on TV and what you hear (called latency) which is unacceptable in most cases. Some TVs have an adjustment to try to sync them. But it is often an issue.

I bought a streamer off Ebay about a year ago, and it cost a lot less than the retail price that way. It works fine and I use it much of the day for streaming zoom and google meet meetings from my macbook pro.

WH

1 Like

I am not familiar enough with all the different types of Bluetooth to give the long answer. My mistake for even saying the short answer.

From reading this forum I do know that Oticon More and Phonak Paridise aids use different proprietary Bluetooth. Because of this they each have their own TV streamer that works well with their aids

Hopefully in the near future Bluetooth LE will be out and all this will get much simpler. If you search the forum for Bluetooth LE you will get lots more helpful information.

1 Like

I agree, it seems that both brands would stream to multiple sets of hearing aids according to their own websites.

1 Like

My question really was that if both my wife and I had, for example Oticon aids, could we both stream at the same time from a single Oticon TV streamer. It seems that you can according to the brand’s sites.

1 Like

Yes, you are right. I read the question as you and your wife having two different brands of hearing aids.
My mistake.

1 Like

I have the Oticon TV Adapter and I also have the More1 and OPNS1 aids once I paired my 2 sets of aids I can use either set with my TV adapter without having to pair them again. I do know the Oticon data on the TV Adapter says that the adapter can stream to as many as 5 sets of aids at the same time.

1 Like

Great. Thank you. That’s what I needed to know.

Yes, thanks for the response.