Streaming audio with Oticon Opn 1 not working reliably

I have OTicon OPN 1s that I purchased in 2018 (firmware last updated in June 2020), that use with my iPhone (iOS up to date). One of the features I like I being able to stream music or podcasts on my phone directly into my ears via my HAs. But recently, when I set the audio to my HAs and press play, the sound doesn’t work. I can see that it’s playing, but there is no audio. If I change the setting to speaker, it’s fine. But to get it to stream into my ears, I have to reboot my HAs and phone. Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions for a longer term fix?

Yes I have had that happen too. My fix has been to forget my aids reboot the phone then pair my aids again to the iPhone. I have to do this about everything 3 months. This has happened with hearing aids that directly pair to my iPhone and also to devices that are in between like streamers. I feel it has something to do with the iPhone firmware that corrupts over time.

2 Likes

Do you have another Apple device that is using Bluetooth at same time? If so make sure that all other Bluetooth devices are not connected.

I always have my watch connected now. And it hasn’t changed the issues at all from when I had not else connected. And with Apple devices the all are always connected to each other. IPhone, iPad, MacBook, etc.

Well I have an iPad and find that if I have the Bluetooth enabled on the iPhone 10r the hearing aids won’t connect to the iPad at the same time. If I shut the Bluetooth off on the iPhone, the iPad connects immediately to the aids.

Yes that is just the way it is.

Yep. I made a choice and decided to only pair my HAs with my iPhone. Too many issues with Bluetooth competition otherwise.

1 Like

Yep it isn’t worth the pain.