Strange unbearable symptoms after covid(x2)

I want to describe my ears hell from August 21, 2021. This happened in order: at the end of June polyuria continued as soon as I drank water after 30 minutes. Alarmed, I did a kidney ultrasound and no problems came out except gravel solved with lots of water (then I read about the covid kidney reports). In July, as soon as I fell asleep, I woke up after 20 minutes without breathing. In the 30 degree pool I had hypothermia. In the mall at 35 degrees in August hypothermia. In Viterbo, the night before hell, a walk at 28 degrees and hypothermia. The morning after August 21 hell. I wake up feeling like I have a stinging plug in my left ear, but the feeling was like the plug was… Near the tragus, which is impossible. I put on tobradex, bilateral wadding does not go away during the day, panic. Went to first ENT Erminio Di Cassio for whom it was a TMJ problem as normal tympanometry and audiometry (however, presence of left sensorineural hypoacusia reported for a long time but I don’t know if it increased on that occasion and mistaken for something else?). Did Ulysses tour of ENTs and in September 2021 performed FESS / turbines / myringotomy without tubes / bilateral balloon with Di Rienzo, null results (wasn’t it tubal dysfunction?) absurd ear pressure and in December 2021 insertion of transtympanic ventilation tubes with Henrik Thielen. Here too poor results. I find out in January 2021 that I had previously had the covid through antibody tests and by doing a mental flashback did I go back to the possibility of having had it in the summer of 2021 thus causing the otological problem?
In February, clear improvement in symptoms despite the drainage still present (permanent) then, however, at the end of February, a new sars-cov2 infection with hospitalization and oxygen for 10 days and the immediate appearance of an area on the head with a sensation of “wool in the head pushes” and wadding in direct relation to this symptomatology (observed as cause-effect).
Current symptoms: feeling of hearing my voice as if it were “under a bell” or having no depth in the environment, Update to 11/26 after jugular vein dilatation operation: No more feeling of “under a bell” but rumble and therefore voice not yet normal causes this. loud sounds such as meat grinders, vacuum cleaners, etc. annoy me and tend to cover my voice, while instead voices and other external sounds I now hear almost normal, bilateral myoclonus (of the tensor tympanum? Palatal boh) especially when waking up. They only responded to the cortisone but then they resume after the effect has passed. Ears plug up when swallowing during meals (but not swallowing normally), dysphagia reported July 2022; the ears tend to close even at night (unexplained and never happened before) with immediate departure of the myoclonus mentioned above and after a while the ears reopen (at current levels… i.e. disgusting)
Remains constant (since after the second covid) area that extends along the temporal bones around the ear bilaterally causing a sensation of paresthesia (like sleeping feet to be clear) and tingling in the same points; painful trigger points in the same areas.
After the jugular vein “liberation” operation performed by Dr Bruno, the feeling of wool in the head that pushes disappeared and the area of paresthesia reduced to what was described above. Quality of life zero daily activities outside the home reduced to zero for 1 year and 2 months

1 Like

Oh my God. And now you’re seeking advice from strangers in a public forum? I wish you the best. The good news is latest reports indicate that any long term symptoms brought on by covid fade after a year. So maybe there’s a light at the end of the tunnel.

2 Likes

Have you been looked at for Trigeminal Neuralgia (aka Tic Douloureux)? I ask cuz when my mom hit her 80s, she started having episodes of shooting pain in the ear area. OR. Maybe if you tested positive for Covid, it found its weakest link in you: something neurological, and caused a permanent neurological problem. I’m no doc, but there have been so many cases of long Covid that lingers long after a person tests negative.

You have my sympathy & wishes for a treatment that brings relief. Try sleeping with your head elevated a bit to diminish any discomfort with plugged ears.

And now I guess we wait on pins and needles for The Next Wave to come from the east. Covid is opportunistic. It will continue to evolve and mutate, and like an endless game of Donkey Kong, we’ll have to keep trying to dodge the bullet.

1 Like