Strange Phonak Marvel Problem

Yesterday my right hearing aid went dead on me and was completely unresponsive. It wouldn’t even charge in my charger. It was deader than dead for no reason. I resolved the problem, but I don’t know how I did it. I remember my Audiologist (whom, is presently closed due to the virus) saying that she replaced the wax guards when the HAs stopped working. So I did that, but it made no difference. Then I noticed that the My Phonak App did not have a connection to the bluetooth. So uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and then was able to re-pair and connect. Then I also took a photographer cleaning brush and blew it on the charger contacts. Somehow, between all this, it started working again. I also noticed that the battery level was now 92% on the left HA and 80% on the right once it started working again.

Anyone have any idea what happened?

George R.

Interesting…
I can not see the wax guard causing a dead or communication issue.
The app has zero to do with a dead aid.
Taking the aid in and out of the charger does boot the aid if charging connections are made.

1 Like

I believe the problem was most likely caused by bad contact inside the recharger with the faulty hearing aid. When you put the hearing aids in the charger at night it’s important that the yellow light in each each hearing aid is flashing. Probably not the real cause but I believe it’s very most likely. It’s a good idea to ensure the contacts on the hearing aids and the contacts in the recharger are cleaned occasionally.

1 Like

This has happened to me on one occasion. My first thought was the aid was bad, scared me. Then put it back in the charger to see the red light start blinking. I am still a bit leary of rechargeable hearing aids. My right aid beeped low battery for the first time ever a couple days ago before heading to bed. It was an 18 hour day with lots of streaming.

There’s a simple fix it.s in the user manual and my hearing professional showed me how to reset the hearing aid.
This happens to me mostly when battery level gets down to 15% when I start getting the low battery warning tones.
The fix is hold the bottom button in for 30 seconds to reset the hearing aid then pop back in the charger the green light will come on showing it is charged and ready for your day.
Apparently when the battery gets too low the hearing aid won’t turn back on automatically, so do the reset and you’ll be good to go!