Starkey Tour i30 - Price check and is it right for my loss?

I was recommended the AudioSync Source 95. Finding no information about it online, I called the number on the AudioSync website and found out that it is the same as the Starkey Tour i30. If I’m wrong on that, let me know.

Anyway, these are my first hearing aids at age 28. And being the low end Starkey product, I was surprised at the price. She wouldn’t budge from $2000 per aid, plus another $500 for the Surflink remote. RIC model aids. I figured for that price I’d be getting the 3 series or the Wi.

Here is my graph:

L

30 25 30 45 35 25 20 20

R

45 35 45 55 65 55 65 60

I live a quiet lifestyle - most important things are quiet conversations and TV/video games. I work in IT. I’m getting HAs because of having to turn subtitles on in action movies and having to ask people to repeat themselves.

A couple of questions:

Is the price ($2000 per aid + $500 Surflink Mobile) fair?

Would the Ignite be cheaper and just as good, or is the Tour better?

How does the Starkey Tour compare to Costco’s Resounds? Costco is def the cheaper option, but we’re talking about a 35 mile drive compared to a 5 mile drive.

Thanks to everyone for the help in advance. This is a huge expense for me and I really want to make sure I don’t pay anymore than I have to get quality devices and service. I’m going back tomorrow to hopefully get started on a trial.

Thanks!

Your price range is a bit out of whack if you’re expecting to get the 3 or Wi for $4000. They run closer to $6000 or more depending on your location. The quote you got for your aids seems fair.

I like the Tours better than Ignites because of the controls (can have an actual volume control on the Tour).

if you are anywhere near a Costco with a hearing aid center I think it would be worth the trip.

Thanks guys. I’m going to trial these Tours for a few weeks, and trial some from Costco as well. I’m glad the price isn’t out of line on the Tour. Are the Tour and the Resound Forza from Costco comparable technology wise? I’m finding the hearing aid information sorely lacking compared to what I’m used to. I buy a $50 hard drive on Newegg and I know how many platters, how fast it spins, how many GB, etc etc, but I buy a $2000 HA and the technical specs are absent online. I was able to find a spec sheet on the Tour but not for any of the high end Starkey’s or the Forza.

Here’s a PDF for Starkey’s 3 series: http://starkeypro.com/public/pdfs/3_Series_Professional_Brochure.pdf.

I haven’t been able to find any spec sheets for the Forza online, and I’m not quite sure what product of ReSound’s normal line it matches up to (probably Live?) so can’t tell you about its features. ReSound has spec sheets on their website, but the Forza isn’t in their regular lineup, it’s designed specifically for Costco. Maybe your Costco person can get you more info.