Starkey Soundgear

Has anyone used the Starkey Soundgear ear plugs for shooting?

Looks interesting, pricey.

I use a higher end electronic muff, turn the volume up so I can hear range talk. I double up wearing custom molded plugs. I’m a competitive shooter and Range Officer.

For plinking I use suppressors and the custom molded plugs. For hunting I use suppressors and the electronic muffs.

I’ve heard that the coverage over the ears that the muff provides is important in reducing gunshots, doubling up gives a bit more NRR. I learn how that works every year in training I take at work.

I haven’t seen the price. I have requested a pair through the VA will see if the approve them. I use the electronic muffs myself but I hate them I can’t stand the pressure on my head in just a short time they give me a headache and the don’t work well with glasses.

I have a pair of ESP shooting Aids which are probably 10+ years old…I love them! They “appear” to be similar to the SoundGear Aids in concept.

My plan was to replace the ESP’s with something having replaceable Wax Guards later this year.

Please let us know what the final VA decision is.

Thanks…

Looks like list price is $1,600. I hope the VA approves them for you.

I have a big melon and wear glasses - I understand the comfort issues. Currently using MSA Supreme® Pro-X Earmuff and I can wear these all day.

The VA audi called yesterday and said my request has been approved and will let me know when they come in.

2 Likes