Starkey software

G’day from Aus.

I have just acquired a set of Starkey Destiny 1200 ITC hearing aids after finding that my older Sonic aids can’t be programmed any longer (seems that the software is out of date).

My question is, is the software available for the Destiny aids so I can program them myself and, hopefully, continue to do so in the future?

Australia is a large place and where I live is fairly remote.

The last time I had my aids re-programmed I had to send them away.

Three weeks without hearing assistance was hard to take.

Would greatly appreciate some assistance with this.

I have just acquired a set of Starkey Destiny 1200 ITC hearing aids after finding that my older Sonic aids can’t be programmed any longer (seems that the software is out of date).

???

The old software and cables will be available somewhere!

The Sonics are Natura and about ten years old.

About three weeks ago I took them to an audiologist for re-programming, and a new hearing test, the computer could see the aids but couldn’t alter the existing programs.

While he had them he rang head office and they confirmed that software for these aids was not available anymore.

For someone living in a such remote location, a better approach is to buy Widex, Resound or Phonak hearing aids, their fitting software is freely available these days.

Then, you should make (and keep :stuck_out_tongue: ) DVD copies of the software, to avoid situations when their future versions will not support older hearing aids.

You should find an old audiologist, maybe someone kept a copy of an older software version. I’m keeping every software and programmer I used. I even have a PMC programmer and a Bernafon PHOX programmer, they are 20 years old but fully functional, and this policy was helpful for many people.