Starkey launches Genesis AI

No one . . . no one. . .

I have to agree with this, having ā€œall newā€ is better then reinventing the wheel, but weā€™ve all been down this road so many times over the years, Iā€™m definitely hoping itā€™s all game changingā€¦but Iā€™m not gonna hold my breath

2 Likes

A little off topic but I have been listening to more and more music videos with CI.

Funny how speech is pretty clear and some music is pretty good. I actually listen to music from many years ago and now understand the words!
The percussions are good and most of the guitars are pretty good.

7 Likes

The previous generation was released in 2021. I have just bought Starkey aids several months ago and now they are obsolete! :frowning: Wow, that was so quick! At least I am consoled that there is no Power BTE version of Genesis available yet.

1 Like

Of course! Someone should get in touch with Phil Collins and get his opinion.

2 Likes

I see a couple of digs at Phonak and their A2DP Bluetooth streaming. ā€œBluetooth LE Protocolā€ for the audio streaming annoys the hell out of me. Thereā€™s no such audio protocol as ā€œBluetooth LEā€. Iā€™m pretty sure theyā€™re not talking about LE Audio.

1 Like

I try to keep track of ā€œplatformsā€;

1 Like

Is it already known up to what kind of loss RICs are really suitable?

Could they also be suitable for severe/deep leaks like mine, or do I have to think about a BTE?

Welcome to the forum, looking at your audiogram Iā€™d think your only going to get a better result with a powerful BTE, what are you using at the moment?

2 Likes

Bluetooth.com indicated BT 5.2 for the Genesis same as the Evolv. Launch Studio - Listing Details (bluetooth.com)

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome, but Iā€™ve actually been on the forum since August 2020. :grinning:

I currently have P90s

2 Likes

Thank you for the update. Appreciate that you keep us up to date.
AIā€¦ That shiny re-hyped thing we all want.
We use AI with our surveillance camera software. Not sure how it works in HAā€™s.

Could you provide the source of the Signia info?

In the presentation I donā€™t see the BTEs: so these RICs are as powerful as the BTEs? Or are they not interested in severe/profound deafness?

ric canā€™t always be as good as BTE, because there is no RIC receiver yet that can produce the same power as a BTE hearing aid. I suspect that their focus is RIC because it sells the most. Oticon also did not offer new hearing aids for BTE wearers. Otherwise, I studied the graphs of various manufacturers and concluded that Phonak/Unitron has a stronger receiver for RIC. I hope Genesis brings a newer version of the ric receiver with stronger sound output.

Power Plus BTE version of evolv AI was released much later than the rest of the lineup. Maybe they will release the BTE version later this year.

1 Like

Adding on to this, theyā€™re clearly doing something different with BT LE than everyone else is, since Iā€™m not aware of any HAs that have both ASHA and MFi, let alone use BT LE to enable handsfree calling on both.

Do they publish somewhere their technical specifications?

1 Like

I think they are still linked to ā†’ Resources from the previous Evolv AI platform.

Karl Strom attended the launch. Hereā€™s his write up.

2 Likes