Starkey Genesis AI with android disconnects

6 weeks into first HA with Genesis AI and older S10e android phone. Wondering if others have as much trouble with the phone app. 4-5 times a day, the phone loses one or the other of the HAs, left or right. About 50% each. Nothing fixes it except power phone off and back on. Also, 5-7 out of 10 calls, even though the app says it’s connected to both HAs, I end up getting the phone audio in only 1 ear.

Buy a new phone and the problem is solved. Some people are buying hearing aids worth over 5 thousands bucks but are complaining that their 200 bucks phone (or 5 year old ones) isn’t working well with the aids.

No it’s not just you. You need to find a way of unloading the phone legacy pairing connections. If you walk out of range of your aids, the system creates a new link to the hearing aids when you get near the phone again. Eventually this list gets too long and the connection fails (either through time-out or by hitting a ceiling of addresses).

We have a couple of people who have the same issue.

Thanks for the reply. Makes sense, I can imagine how the code is failing in the scenario you describe. That’s exactly one of the things that does happen. I setup the phone to stream to a boom box in my garage, walk outside and back in, and it switches to the HAs. I think I found a way to remove all the old unused left over connections. We’ll see if that helps.

I’ve considered that, but my phone (S10e) has no problem with a half dozen other BT devices, with which it works without problems. Rarely loses a connection, or fails to connect when I turn on a device (like headphones, cars, TV, PC, etc). That seems to indicate the HAs are the problem, not the phone. Since my phone does what I need it to otherwise, I’m not inclined to spend another $500-1000 yet.

Ehm, Starkey don’t work with BT, they work with BT Low Energy and the Asha protocol, this is not the same. Your S10 is to old for a solid connection, try to find someone with at least Samsung S23 and you will see the improvement.

If you want hearing aids with classic BT then go for Phonak.