Starkey Genesis AI 24 vs. ReSound Nexus M&RIE

Starting my 2nd week with the Genesis AI 24 hearing aids. My Audiologist tells me the G24 haven’t yet been loaded with my prescription which was a surprise to me as the sound as been fairly decent.

On thing that won’t change is the BT connectivity which when streaming from Spotify while out on a walk is no good. The connection fails once the iPhone is put in my pocket.

My next brand to try will be the ReSound Nexus, which I understand has BT LE. I’m hopeful the sound will be just as good and the BT connectivity strong enough to eliminate the dropped connection.

Does anyone have experience in comparing the two models? My audiologist wants me to try the Starkey Evolv which is the previous generation using the older app. That won’t happen so I’m looking for opinions on the ReSound connectivity & sound as well as any recommendations for a HA released in 2023 or 2024 with good sound and BT connectivity.

For the ReSound Nexia:

This is from a post I did for someone else who ended up getting the ReSound Nexia 9s.

1. Streaming Music :musical_note:

Have your HCP increase the Streaming Bass Boost under accessories in the SmartFit software they use. It defaults to mild!.

Make sure you have a music program.

In the music program have the HCP increase the gain between 125hz-750hz.

Also consider tulip domes or closed domes. Open domes leave out almost all the bass when streaming.

I did these things and have nice streaming now.

You will want to do something similar with whatever HAs you stay with.

1. Bluetooth connectivity.

If you have a newer Android phone turn off LE Audio until Android 15 comes out as it is finicky now. This is what I have

If you have iPhone there is a switch in the app that is supposed to help MFi connections… I forget what it is called. Turn it off as it is buggy

I love my HA! I stream Spotify a lot and enjoy it so much!

I got the Jabra Enhance Pro 20s from Costco for $1600. They are the same thing as the ReSound Nexia 9s. I do not have good insurance for HAs so I could not consider the Nexias from a private audiologist.

1 Like

M&RIE is controversial. Some people love it; some people don’t. The receiver is longer for M&RIE, and it doesn’t fit everyone’s ears. Some people’s prescription isn’t compatible with M&RIE. If you try it and don’t like it, I recommend trying out the Nexia with a standard receiver.

Why did your audi send you out with the Starkeys without setting it up for you?

That was my misunderstanding. The Audi did set up the Starkey’s with my prescription, but it was ‘dumbed’ down in order to work my way into the full adjustments for best experience.

I’m continuing the trial with the Starkey Genesis for one more week, then on to Phonak Lumity for a few weeks, then the Resound.

Entirely pointless in wearing the Starkeys without them being tuned for you. Like wearing the wrong sized shoes and running a race.

2 Likes

Yes, I have a better understanding of that now. This is my first ever HA and have only had the Genesis for 1 week. This forum has been educational to say the least.