Starkey Genesis 24 vs?

I’m replacing my four year old Oticon OPN S1 as they were damaged in a work-related accident. (I’m ok, the AuD said they needed to be replaced.) I’ve got a severe high frequency loss, no low frequency loss (will be using open domes) and tinnitus. The AuD’s documentation for the worker’s compensation claim states I need “premium hearing aids”.

I was not happy with the OPN S1 given the BT dropout and spontaneous reboots. I’m considering getting Starkey Genesis 24, but was wondering what other HAs I should consider.

You should keep an open mind about what brand is “recommended” only you’ll know for sure which brand suits you best, no one else could possibly tell you, so in saying that I’d recommend you check your local Costco before buying the “recommended” ones, at Costco you can trial Jabra/ReSound Rexton/Signia and Phillips models, which are premium models as well and just as good as any others.

Costco does not offer HAs that offer tinnitus settings. I asked a manager about it, was told that some states don’t permit licensed dispensers to configure tinnitus settings. He also said that Costco corporate decided to be consistent across the US and not offer HAs with tinnitus settings at any of the warehouses.

Not true, all the hearing aids at Costco have tinnitus controller, and yes they won’t set them up for clients because it’s too time consuming and tedious for them to bother, buy premium and get any other clinic to set the controller up, or even better do a DIY project, it’s so easy to do it’s almost laughable, have you ever tried the tinnitus treatment Apps available, it’s no harder then that.

1 Like