Starkey Genesis 16 vs Evolv 2000

Hi all, I need to get new hearing aids and I’ve narrowed it down to 2 different cic models that are roughly the same price and I need help deciding between them, would it be better to choose the newer Starkey Genesis at 16 (3rd best) tech level or the older Starkey Evolv at the 2000 (2nd best) or even 2400 (best) tech level?

Not sure if its more important to go with the newer hearing aid model or the higher tech level. Obviously I’d lovel to get the Genesis at the highest level but it’s not within my budget.

Is the Genesis that much better than Evolv that it’s worth getting a lower tech level? If anyone has tried one or both of these starkey HA’s particularly the cic models your feedback would be most helpful. Thanks!

1 Like

Really same situation with me… I want to renew my hearing aid muse2400 to evolv 2000 or 1600 dunnno what is the best?

1 Like

I have the Genesis 24s and they’re pretty nice. However, if there isn’t a specific feature that a technology level can get you, then wouldn’t it be best to get the one with the most EQ bands so it can be adjusted more finely for your specific hearing needs? For me, it seems like the Evolve 2400 would be the best out of the ones you listed, even though it’s an older model. Now, I say that because it’s my understanding that the number really indicates the number of EQ bands that can be adjusted, so the 2400 has 24 bands, the 2000 has 20 and the Genesis has 16. If my understanding of number & EQ bands is wrong, then ignore everything I just said (I’ve only had HA’s for about 3 months).

1 Like

I think you’re right about the channels however the genesis has a whole new processor that’s built from the ground up as well as other improvements that is supposed to be revolutionary. Just not sure if the improvements would be worth going down in tech level… do you currently have evolv cic HA’s?

1 Like

No, mine are the mRIC model.

1 Like

Much appreciated if I can get more good and bad feedback from anyone who has tried either the Evolv or genesis models particularly different tech levels so I can compare :relaxed:

1 Like

I know it’s hard to decide hey? I guess the only way to really know is to trial then both but in my case I can only trial one of them.

1 Like