Starkey Evolv Ai Inconsistent noise filter

Hello everyone, I am just posting some of my concern regarding my Starkey Evolv AI and seeing if anyone have similar issues.

I got my aid mid last year and now it has been bothering me. I even went back to the local provider to help me with this but they were not able to. So let me first explain, the aid have noise canceling in the background. Lets say if I am driving the aid will cancel the road noises to an optimal level. However, if I get a text or a notification, the filter will disable causing instant noise then suddenly goes back to the normal suppression. This is very noticeable and can be a bother when someone is talking to you. Another example is if I am in the bathroom with the fan turned on and doing my business, the aid will suppress the fan noise because it is a constant background noise. While scrolling thru the phone or as soon as I watching a video, listen to music, the aid will disable the noise suppression and combine the music or video audio along with the fan noise making it extremely uncomfortable to listen. Anyone experiencing similar issues with their Starkey? Thanks in advance!

So your talking about when streaming video from your phone right, if so, you just need to attenuate the microphones in the Starkey software, I did notice this in the user guide tho,

“By default, hearing device microphones turn off during
streaming for open fits. Hearing device microphones are attenuated
by -6 dB during streaming for non-open fits”

But if your taking about just normal sound from your phone speakers, there would be adjustments that could be made to the noise reduction, what about in the App, anything there to adjust the microphones or noise reduction?

yes this is streaming videos/music via Bluetooth on the aid. Ive turned off the Auto Stream settings as well as Mic Volume when streaming - no change if that is what you are talking about.

Open the thrive app and change the settings in auto streaming.

Device settings, auto streaming, mic volume when streaming. There are three options - no change, decrease, and mute.

My preference is mute.

HitFactor, my auto streaming settings are all turned off, including the mic is set to no change.

If you have the Mic volume set to mute in Thrive in the Auto Streaming settings, you should not hear any sounds from the Mics, only what you are streaming. This is what your settings should look like.

2 Likes

I know it’s off. Didn’t think I needed to tell you to turn it on.

Autostream boost, does exactly what it says. It’s a boost, and with the boost your mics pickup noise. It’s not a failure of the noise filter.

Change the setting to tell the HAs not to boost the volume when auto streaming. ‘No change’ actually means keep the boosted setting when autstream kicks in. Try decrease and mute, you’ll thank me for it.

1 Like