Starkey Evolv AI IIC v Phonak Virto Paradise IIC

Hi

I’ve been using the Phonak Virto Belong IIC for the last 4 years and I’m due to buy new hearing aids.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me which is best out of the Starkey Evolv AI IIC and Phonak Virto Paradise IIC.

I understand that the Phonak has Autosense OS 4.0 instead of 3.0.

What attracts me to the Starkey is the fact that it can do 55 million personalised adjustments every hour.

Thanks.

Paul

Sorry but you can’t always believe the manufacturer’s hype/blurb ; )

Paul, what’s your audiogram like. The new Starkey Evolvs are good but have had an issue with their feedback management system. Given that IICs are already prone to feedback, if you have a large high-frequency loss I’d probably lean towards Phonak.

Hello @Louie Do you have this information somewhere available….
I trialed the Evolves 2400 AI and now have the Phonak’s P90 Virto.

For me I had some feedback problems (in my right ear) with the Phonak. Could also have to do with the fittings maybe, as I found the Starkeys to be tighter molded then the Phonak. Thereto I have to say that the ear impressions where made by different Audie’s…. and I lean towards the meaning that in my case it could have to do with leakage because of that. Although it could also be the brand/ factory made venting which they made for my specific hearing loss and the form of my external eartunnel. There are so many influencing factors making me uncertain and make me wondering.

But I like to read as much information as available, just interested.

@emile.heilbron you’re 100% right. There are too many variable’s- vent size, mould depth and fit, gain etc. I say what i did about the evolvs becuse several auds in my company have mentioned clients returning their Evolvs due to feedback. In one instance i fit a guy who had 9 year old Starkey Soundlens IIC with new Evolv AI 2400 IIC. We made the moulds and vent sizes LITERALLY IDENTICAL to his older stakey aids because he loved them (I actually sent his old aids in for Starkey to scan and replicate). The Evolvs had sooo much feedback, even when i programmed them identically to his older Soundlens devices. In other words, I kept all the variables constant and the feedback manager on the Evolvs was horrible compared to a 9 year old platform.

Thanks @Louie for your interesting explanation and sharing this observation. A highly scientific one by really keeping all those variables unchanged, even the scanned molds! Not possible to reduce the feedback in an acceptable way.

Can one really scratch the hairs on ones head to imagine how this is possible. (Luckeley I do not have many). Hearing indeed is a very complicated nearly and partly not understandable matter for human beings.