Specsavers Software

Hi DIY guys,
Just got Specsavers Advance hearing aids. Not too bad aids, at all, especially having the price in mind. I have what is most impportant for me - bluetooth streaming from my laptop. I have other aids if I need these “bells and whistles”. So, curious as always, I tried to connect them to NoahLink Wireless & Target software. Target recognised the aids (read serial numbers), but could not program them. So I assume that I need their own software, if I need any fine tuning. Does anyone know anything about this?

I am totally surprised that Target and the Noahlink Wireless recognized the aids. That brings up questions.

Yes it’s been mentioned a few times here that they are locked, really crazy that Specsavers are doing it still, why not ask them for the unlock code and just tell them you want someone else to do the adjustments for you.

target_Advance

That’s interesting.
Did you try selecting the left then right aids?

I can try, but don’t see any point in doing it,

If you try it, you may be able to select and program them, or at least you’ll get a pop up telling you why you cant.

1 Like

Are you talking from your own experience or it’s just a wild guess? Do you mean separate programming or separate selecting?

Not a wild guess, you must select a hearing aid for programming, In the screen shot you show the hearing aids have been detected, next to that you can select one hearing aid for the right and one for the left, so as @Raudrive and I are asking what happens when you try selecting the hearing aids, do they connect or do you get a pop up telling you a message?

I know that I need to select the aids, it’s not my first time. Here is a snapshopt of what happens after aids are selected:message

Another issue - they won’t automatically switch from pc bluetooth streaming to mobile (iphone) streaming.

Ok thanks for confirming that Specsavers branded hearing aids are still locked, as for the Bluetooth connection issue, I thought that you had to unpair from one device before pairing/connecting to another, only one device at any one time, so not automatically done.

Is there a way to unlock the aids? Re the Bluetooth, is it due to different frequencies?

I don’t think so,not without the unlock code.
Re: Bluetooth, no it’s not the frequency, but the limitations of the firmware.