Specsavers for first time digital hearing aid buyer?

Reading the amount of misleading information put out by Specsavers’ opposition just turns me into a grumpy old man.

I’ve never had a hearing aid and was never going to have one until the Significant Other made it clear how much I didn’t hear. I went comparison shopping and had all kinds of snobbery deployed to turn me away from what was clearly the best deal – 2 for the price of 1 hearing aids from Specsavers. Although under an own label they are made by Siemens.

I have a 6 band digital aid in each ear and thought that the audiologist couldn’t have been nicer. I never felt rushed and am pretty happy.

Why should you let some clown get away with a sanctimonious comment that while Specsavers are good, “we always recommend using manufacturers’ own brands”? Of course because it’s worth some hundreds of pounds to him.

You have to welcome any attempt to get prices down. Even private dispensers shouldn’t complain. If prices go down, the market should grow, and the unreached segment of people who won’t try hearing aids will add income as well.

My only criticism of Specsavers is that despite being open about their pricelist, I find their product list a big vague. Why not just publicise what the instruments are ? After finding out what instruments they actually sell, it appears that they are one model behind the latest releases - their Advance 834 is a Phonak Exelia, or so I have gathered. It’s a good price nonetheless.

But to reiterate the first point, any attempt at price reductions is welcome. I am finding it difficult with family commitments etc, to spend £3000 every 4 years for the latest releases. I concede that some good R&D and technology goes into this, but it is difficult to justify the extra expenditure when the current set perform so much better than 10 to 15 years ago anyway in a number of previously challenging situations.

Hi,

Recently I have paid close attention to your comment and wondering whether we can make good friends. Learning that you has offered a wide selection of hearing aids to assist the hearing impaired people to hear more clearly and distinctly, I am concerning that you may be interested in our hearing aid products BTE, ITE and Box-type with excellent quality and low price ($ 6.00 ~ $ 30.00 ) . Or maybe you’d like us to be your producer instead of supplier to make the hearing aid according to your design and requirement. As the actor Patrick Duffy says, “I put my trust in the tried and true things in life. I know that if you give them a chance, They will earn your trust as they earned mine ”, I believe that if you give Feier Electric a chance, we will earn your trust as they earned his. Feel free to take a look around our site at to learn more about what we can offer you.
<O:pExpecting for your soon answer and your high appreciation. Tks<!–EndFragment–>

<HR style=“WIDTH: 210px; HEIGHT: 1px” align=left color=#b5c4df SIZE=1>[COLOR=blue][FONT=Tahoma]Helen
Sale Manager<O:p
GUANGZHOU FEIER ELECTRIC CO., LTD.
8<SUP style=“FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; FONT-SIZE: 10pt”>#</SUP>, Helong Road, Hebian Town, Jiahe Street,
<O:pBaiyun District 510440,
Email: gzfeie@gmail.com<O:p
MSN: gzfeie@hotmail.com

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Been a customer of specsavers Kirkby Liverpool for 8 years now. Always worn a NHS hearing aid in both ears, am now looking to take the next step and purchase a quality hearing aid for both ears.

I’ve been to my localspecsavers hearing centre in Kirkby for a hearing test and am looking at Quattro 962, LiNX 3D 9 £2,695
Quattro 9 R61
Phonak
Marvel 90, Belong 90 (includes titanium)
£2,695

I tried them on and it really does make a difference much clearer krisp sound, paid much more but worth the investment. Will give a update after I get them fitted. Thanks specsavers Kirkby Shopping Centre, 21 St Chad’s Parade, Liverpool L32 8RD

I have tried specsavers on several different occasions and they couldn’t set me up correctly on each time. They seem very friendly but if you are used to high level hearing aids or want an expert I would suggest an independent provider who knows the type you prefer.

Your hearing is worse than moderate…

You are into severe on your right ear in the highs. It looks like sensorineural loss, while your left ear looks more conductive in nature. It will decline every year. The thresholds won’t decline much, but speech discrimination can drop anywhere from 8 to 20% per year if left untreated.

There are pros and cons both ways, but I almost never fit BTE’s anymore, mostly because the RIC configuration is going to provide a more natural sound, and reproduce high frequencies better.

I use Specsavers. In Australia. Very happy. My audiologist is good. I have the Advance IF CIC x18. Made by Signia/Sivantos. Very happy also with price and after service/help.

I used Specsavers shortly after getting my first hearing aid from the NHS. I didn’t like the sound from the NHS ones so I thought I would go private and get a top of the range one. I researched a bit online and was able to trial 2 different ones from Specsavers: Phonak Beyond BR90 and the Signia Styletto. The prices at Specsavers were considerably less and I could find elsewhere. They do 2 or the price of 1, which makes a huge difference compared to other places, like Boots for example. The service I got was pretty good although it helps a lot to do your own research as they may not be very familiar with every hearing aid brand and model. I decided to keep the Phonaks and have been very happy. I have had them a year now. I have been back to see the audiologist at Specsavers a few times, all for free within the first 4 years I believe. These were standard follow up appointments and for some small changes to the setup. I can recommend them although I don’t know anything about their own branded hearing aids.

Just about to trial my third pair of hearing aids from Specsavers. They have a no quibble 90 day returns policy, also as many follow up appointments as required. I tried the Advance Elite 2 years ago( they have 3 different models based on the main manufactures, but the software is locked) then Phonak Audeo B90, one year ago , which I liked, but unable to stream. I am being fitted with Resound Quattro 91’s on September 2nd.