Specsavers Advance Elite Hearing Aids - My 2 week follow up. These are my first aids

My Hearing Aids are working flawlessly, and I have been fiddling with some of the manual programs on the app which in turn raised some Q&A’s which were all resolved by the Aud. My HA’s had been initially programmed to default to the Automatic program setting which detects and adjusts settings for the appropriate environment. I had found that I needed to drop the volume setting by 1 to 2 settings when first turning the on each morning and had been engaging the comfort setting on the phone app in the Auto program. I asked if these settings could be programmed as default for my HA’s. The volume was easy, the Aud dropped the default volume by 3db but wasn’t aware what the comfort setting altered in the programme parameters . The Aud called Unitron up but was unable to establish a concise instruction how to implement this setting without the program automatically trying to change signal to noise ratio’s that would have been detrimental. Anyway, it’s no biggie to just press the comfort or clarity box on the automatic program on the app. I was impressed with the effort taken to try and implement this for me and with the ability of the Aud to get direct help and tech support from the Manufacturer. I was shown how to change the wax filter and the receiver caps and retainers. The Aud also added 2 more programs to my app so that I could fine tune my requirements if I found the auto selection was not suitable. The programs were Conversations in a small group and Conversations in a noisy environment. Manual control of these program’s are with Volume, Balance, Bass Mid and Treble adjustment, Noise Reduction, Speech Enhancement and Microphone Focus so pretty comprehensive . These settings will also stay in the settings that I select and be in place when I reset my HA’s.

Very happy with my purchase - the journey continues :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi, I am currently trialling the Specsavers Advance Elite HA’s, but the ITE versions.

I have been wearing hearing aids for about 45 years, but unlike you I have been very unhappy with my aids (all subjective), I have been back for a retune and the AUD advised the Specsavers Advance Range do not follow the standard sound pattern that most manufacturers go with (sorry cannot think what the proper names is).

My last aids were Phonak Virto v90 (Venture) and I understand that these are Phonak Virto P90 (Paradise) equivalents.

I have therefore decided to pay more and try out the Phonak Lumity with the Ultra Power (UP) Receiver…

I wish you the very best with your new HA’s