Sound recover 1 or 2 and your experiences

It looks like you have a reverse slope in the higher frequencies so you would be moving better hearing into a worse hearing range.

1 Like

@Zebras is it word comprehension you are not hearing properly? My first aud just activated the icon and told me it was on.
When I watched my 2nd aud fully set up my SR2, it improved my word comprehension by 80%. He dragged all the consonants and vowels over into the range of my residual hearing. I don’t know how to explain it technically sorry.

2 Likes

I’ve given SR another go as I want to hear more then 5000htz. The more I wear my HAs with SR activated, the more my ears are getting used to SR. I’m definitely hearing more birds now, I’m happy.

4 Likes

I have to revise my statement. These versions ARE different. In fact there is an advantage to use SR2 but for me SR1 is more comfortable.
My statement from November was based on the fact that the cutoff and destination frequencies for SR2 in my HAs were too high for my loss: 1.1, 2.5, 3.7kHz (“9a”) instead of 0.8, 2.0, 2.7kHz (“1b”).