Sound from Phonak TV link breaks up

The sound through my Phonak TV link breaks up and distorts at times only at night. During daytime it is wonderfully clear. Is it night time bluetooth interference and, if so, what can I do, if anything? I have tried moving the box but the cables length and the space in front of the TV limit that. I am using the TVLink Ii, the ComPilot Ii, with the Audeo B. Sound is coming from a receiver connected to the TV, RCA output. This has never happened before, even with my previous Oticon TV link, or a four year old Phonak link. I live in a high rise in Manhattan. The hearing aids are two months old. I got the TV Link and the ComPilot a week ago. All from VA. Please make suggestions, if any.

Correction. I have just discovered the problem happens during the daytime at times too.

We have had similar problems with similar equipment. If there is anything else using bluetooth, try turning it off or moving it from your body. Phone, Apple Watch, Roomba invisible wall have all been issues for us - -the invisible wall being the worst.

If it is like most streamers, there should be a way to select or change Bluetooth channels. IIRC teh devices should automatically select a channel that isn’t used, but if you are close to a device that uses Bluetooth, like a TV set, security device, etc. you may have to try finding a vacant channel.

Thanks to those who replied. I shut off the bluetooth in settings in both my ipad and my iphone. I keep both in a room separate from the room where I watch TV using the Phonak TV link. And yet that is what was causing the problem. Once I shut off the bluetooth, the interference stopped Again, thank you.