Sound Cuts Out Intermittently in My Phonak Audeo Marvel M90-312T

I’ve had a Phonak Audeo Marvel M90-312T (top-of-the-line, with telecoil) for about 7 weeks now and have been generally pleased with it, and with the Roger Select, which helps me hear even better in background noise and in meetings.

I do have one problem, which I’ve also had with a couple of other models (I think one of them was a Widex Dream) in the 50 years I’ve been wearing hearing aids. A few times a day, the aid seems to stop working completely for about 5-15 seconds. It then comes back on, without my doing anything.

It has nothing to do with receiving a notification on my connected iPhone (I’ve turned all notifications off), or with receiving a phone call. It’s also not related to using, or not using, Bluetooth, or the telecoil, at any given time. I don’t see any connection between the interruptions and the current charge level of my battery. It seems completely random, and not related to anything in my sound environment that I can think of.

Has anyone else experienced this, especially on my Phonak model or on a related one? It’s not a fatal flaw – just something bothersome.

I’d appreciate any information anyone could give me.

You might get some help reading this previous thread. I’m guessing it has to do with autosense.

https://forum.hearingtracker.com/t/phonak-m90-hearing-aids-volume-drop-when-using-autosense-program/50349?u=roydrose21