Solutions for landline?

I wish to keep my landline for a variety of reasons. Would appreciate opinions and/or suggestions for solutions.

I assume that you mean suggestion for a hearing aid solution that works well with landlines? Just get a hearing aid that has a telecoil built in and add in a telecoil program so you can hear the speaker in your landline handset clearly via the induction to the tcoil.

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestion. However, my current HAs don’t have telecoils built in. I guess I was hoping for a more affordable solution, something like amplified handsets?

I have the Panasonic amplified phone KX-TGM430. It has a lot of amplification while still being clear, it also has is an excellent speaker phone both speaker and microphone. And if you ever get a telecoil it works well there too.

If you’re in the USA and have reasonable cell tower connectivity, you might find it slightly less expensive to get something like an AT&T Home Cellular Phone. Basically, it’s cell phone connectivity without all the stuff that comes with a smartphone. And you can plug another phone system into it. We got the following Panasonic cordless handset system: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072N3T79P/ with five handsets to distribute around the house. You can also set the Panasonic Cordless Phone System up with up to two cell phones, plus your “landline.” For my cell phone(iPhone 6S), all the cordless handsets will announce phone calls and text messages being received - so even if I’m not near my cell phone, I get a loud audio alert broadcast around the house. My main quibbles with the AT&T home cell line is that recorded messages left are on the AT&T system, not on the Panasonic cordless handset system, and you can’t do call blocking on the AT&T system for the landline efficiently from the attached handset system. The price was originally a lot cheaper than a real landline - $25/mo vs. $39/mo, but over the years AT&T has constantly raised the price to the latter ballpark rate. The AT&T cordless handset does come with a sizable lithium-ion battery backup so one can go at least a day or two without power (trust me, I know from the 2/14/21 big Texas power outage) and longer if one removes the replaceable battery and only uses it in the cellular home phone as necessary. Perhaps other phone services have similar. The Panasonic cordless system also works well with just a cell phone (we got rid of our cellular home line) and with an Android phone, can announce other phone notifications beyoned calls and messages (~the limit for an iPhone). The original AT&T Home Cellular Phone we got was based solely on 3G and now that AT&T is phasing 3G out, we would have had to upgrade to a new home cellular device - so we just quit the “landline” plan instead. And we couldn’t use Wi-Fi calling with the home cellular device but it works great with our smartphones and provides better connectivity than a cell tower connection for the cellular home device and I can stream smartphone calls to my HA’s but have to use a handset on a call to the cellular home line as a traditional phone-to-the-ear for my HA’s.

I likewise have a Panasonic, in this case the KX-TGM775. It’s a big improvement over the previous models. I can actually take calls on it rather than telling people I’ll call back on my cell. In addition, Panasonic makes some models that have very robust amplification, far more than my 775. Check out their website.

They have amplifiers for phone. Check Amazon. They have a device that fits over over the earpiece of the phone that amplifies. It has a volume control. I used it for years but my landline days are all but over. No offense but in this day and age it’s pretty easy to just do a search yourself

I am profound and use Costco Preza with molds. In my job, for about 2-3 days, I have to do jobs that include answering the phone and making calls. It’s customer service, so those two phones ring at least 70% of my time.

Since I have been employing Preza, which by the way does not have a telecoil, I have improved a lot, to where today I feel very confident using these land-telephones.

Not very often I find faults I am overcoming. One of the things that I have learned, for example, is to ask spelling name, thing, or article that I cannot understand well.

You may have to see which ear use for the call and what position the telephone receiver on the ear.

@Adrian You have a moderate to profound loss so would find answering the phone a lot easier then someone with a flat profound loss.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

That is great news for me. I always thought be just profound.

You want to see a profound loss. Click on my graph

Oh! that’s a serious profound loss graph!!!

You know what, your graph shows one a little below 70, and the other a little below 60. I go from 95 to 110. I always use the left-95. It seems to me that you should not have a problem with the receiver landline phone.