Soft Shell CIC

Is there such a thing as soft shell CIC HA?
I have been having problems with the fit of my hard shell CIC & thought it might be a simple solution.

I have also seen a hard sheel unit with a silicone cone on the end, maybe that would be better.

I can’t work out if it’s a common problem with CIC HA or just mine.

Can anyone comment on the options available?

Is there such a thing as soft shell CIC HA? Yes there is, but I can’t recall who makes them.

I have been having problems with the fit of my hard shell CIC & thought it might be a simple solution. Solutions with CICs are rarely simple, especially if you need more than 40dB of gain.

I have also seen a hard shell unit with a silicone cone on the end, maybe that would be better. I tried that and it not help my situation.

I can’t work out if it’s a common problem with CIC HA or just mine. Yours is a common problem with CICs.

Can anyone comment on the options available? Keep researching and talk with your audi.

Thanks bherring, have you given up on CIC, I’m not familiar with your model HA.

Nelson: Consider a mini-BTE from any of the top manufacturers. There are many options. I wear an Oticon Epoq P which offers more power than most small BTEs.

Best of Luck!

Maybe you’re thinking of the Phonak Audeo Zip. It may be out of range for you though.

Interton used to make the Siflex ITEs, but I don’t know what their current output is in the US.

Unitron’s fuse would also fit if you ignore that one point at 2Khz. (Assuming your ears will accomodate it).

I have had some trouble keeping a CIC in place but right now things are good. I have a Starkey Destiny in my left ear and it was literally falling out so they put a little foot on it that is supposed to hit the inside part of my outer ear and it works. My right ear has a Rexton Insite CIC and it was a little loose and I was getting feedback so they remade it and it is better, no feedback, but still a little loose (but doesn’t fall out).

I’m getting great sound from both of mine and my hearing is pretty bad. I like the CIC style because most of the time there is no fuss, no muss. It doesn’t interfere with glasses and seems to be less trouble than what I see with BTE. I put them in in the morning and then forget about them until evening.