Smart or poor decision? Purchasing new aids

Just want to put the note that the aids I currently have are great! However I did purchase them through insurance which was almost complete coverage. I no longer have hearing aid benefits due to age. They are also the lowest tech level due to that being what I could afford.
I managed to find an amazing person who will be selling me a pair of Phonak Sky M70-M hearing aids next week. They are brand new in box and everything is sealed. The price for the aids will be around 450$ I believe with conversion rates, this could be a very poor purchase idea but my thinking is that the aids are perfect in my needs and functions, along it being a technology level upgrade. I’m just wondering if this is a bad decision since I’m thinking a lot about future costs and needs. Please delete if not a worthy topic.

2 Likes

Amazing idea! $450 is good for brand new and sealed.

I have a pair of Phonak Sky M70 SP.

Only downside to the Sky Marvel is the poor App compared to the adult myPhonak but I don’t even bother with the App anyway but some people like a good App.

What colour did you choose?

There’s a UK seller on eBay selling these hearing aids.

2 Likes

I got the alpine white but they have The other colors too and different ones
@Zebras
I feel like even just the purchase for the technology upgrade may be good.

It will be good as you’re using the 30 level technology now aren’t you?

I think you’ll notice the difference.

:slight_smile:

Yes I am, plus I already prefer to use earmolds for the retention, but I think I could use slimtubes if I would want

1 Like

I am very great full for the sellers willingness and kindness to allow me to pay what I could for the pair as I probably wouldn’t be able to get any kind of upgrade if not, definitely going to try and carry that kindness on.

If it’s the same seller as I think.

Another forum user has also bought from her.

She’s very kind.

2 Likes

Yes she is, I was going to purchase tonight but then realized That I’d have to call my bank on Monday for the payment to be cleared and she was very nice about it

2 Likes

When you say, you’re worrying about future costs. Do you mean repairs?

I’ve never had to repair a HA bought on eBay but I do protect from moisture and if I’m in a dusty area like sanding some wood when I do DIY, I don’t wear them.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be able to afford the cost of a new pair due to insurance and stuff

2 Likes

@DeafAntifa

Are you planning to Self Program the HAs?

I will see if my audiologist can first

2 Likes

Whether you have somebody competent to program will be a key part of whether this is a smart or poor decision.

5 Likes