Smart Direct -HELP to unpair bluetooth

Hi All,

My parents went to Costco. Got my Dad Kirkland 8.0. The audiologist paired them to my Mother’s iPhone. Don’t ask me why.

I tried to delete the app from her phone. It is STILL choosing his hearing aids as the default Bluetooth connection even though the app is gone, I can’t find the hearing aids as a paired device, and I paired them to his Android phone.

We are just totally lost and no one has gotten back to me via the email I sent to the company.

Thank you in advance!

0 Likes

They don’t connect to Android phones unless you have the Bluetooth device, the Rexton Smart Mic.

0 Likes

Appreciate that. (We will work on getting him an iPhone)
Any chance you could explain why I deleted the app in my mom’s phone and it is still pairing?
We have no way of “forgetting” the hearing aids on her phone and the manual is no help.

0 Likes

Not familiar with iPhones but in Android the Bluetooth device center is separate from any app.

0 Likes

Follow the following

0 Likes

Thank you! Found it under “accessibility” and was able to “forget” them.
Appreciate your responses.

0 Likes

Costco has a user site for those aids along with a help number. Http://ks8userportal.com.

0 Likes

due to mfi(made for iphone) you have to forgot from iphone-settings- accessiblity settings- hearing aids

0 Likes

I think an iPhone reboot is usually recommended after that too.

0 Likes

Yes it is best to reboot. Some times it looks like it is working without a reboot but never just right

0 Likes

i never had reboot after forgot my nx tested on iphone 8 and 7 plus

0 Likes

from ks8userportal.com

If the iPhone is not connecting to hearing aids after an iOS update what should be done?

• Forget devices: Settings > General > Accessibility > MFi Hearing Aids > Select Hearing
    Instruments >Forget this Device.
  • Restart phone
  • Re-pair hearing aids to phone in Accessibility menu
0 Likes