Smart Direct goes into Acoustic Mode

The Smart Direct hearing aid app works great for a while then goes into acoustic mode on own.
How do I get out of acoustic mode without having to uninstall and reinstall every day?
Can I disable acoustic mode so it doesn’t keep going back? I can’t get into TV mode, or any thing else now.
Help please

Hopefully somebody with direct familiarity can offer more insight. Basic trouble shooting to try. Reboot the hearing aids (open and close battery doors) Reboot the phone (off and then back on) Which phone are you using?

Sometimes mine will change to program 2, which for me is TV, if I leave the app up. I don’t know why it does that. You should be able to change the program back to program 1, either by the app or on the hearing aids themselves.

The other thing that might change it to phone mode would be proximity to a magnet?

Oh, you are talking about the way it communicates to the hearing aids. Sorry about that. If it has a Bluetooth connection it will do that, and if not, fall back to acoustic mode. Do you have the Bluetooth device, or is this an iPhone? Either way, if it has a Bluetooth connection it will use that.

Can you verify you have a connection? No need to uninstall/install the app.

I was wondering if that was what meant by acoustic mode. I am playing with the Signia version. From what I’ve learned, it is compatible with some Android phones (mainly Samsung with Android 6 and above) I have Android 5.1 and it will not pair with the hearing aids. Although I can use the Bluetooth device, it also won’t let me pair the app with the hearing aids through them. So, if you can clarify what phone you are using, Android version and if you have any difficulty with the pairing process. Are you doing anything with other Bluetooth devices?

It’s a galaxy note 8

I would certainly think that phone would work, although technically it’s not on Signia’s list (S8 is) I would probably play around with reconnecting, making sure bluetooth is on and trying to be aware of possible bluetooth interference, but likely your best chance of getting an answer is to call Rexton. You could also go to Costco, but they’re also likely to call Rexton.

Well, this strange, the way this works. I was connected to another device, through the Smart Mic (Rexton Bluetooth device] but the app still had a connection, and not an acoustic connection. When it is in acoustic mode some of the options are grayed out. In this case all the options were there and I verified that they worked. So if it is a Bluetooth connection it is not showing up on the regular Bluetooth device list as a connection. When I got these hearing aids we paired each individual hearing aid to the phone, and not to or through the Smart Mic.

But since that time we have not done anything with that. We separately paired the Smart Mic to the phone. Maybe it is using BLE for control?

So, does Bluetooth on the Phone remain on? If so it may just be losing the connection and if you close and open the app, does it reconnect with all the options?