Small metal loop on end of hearing aid cleaning tool?

What is the loop intended to be used for?

I believe for scooping wax out of the hole that leads to the receiver. Also can be used for cleaning openings to vents, but a tool that looks like heavy duty dental floss is more effective for that. I found the loop more useful with custom molds. The brush and cloth worked better for me with domes.

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t know what “the hole that leads to the receiver” refers to.

Recoever
As you can see both opens need cleaning :slight_smile:

Does the picture above help?

Yes. The only molds with which I have personal experience are Phonak cShells which have a wax guard mounted in that hole.

When I first got my custom molds, I asked, Where’s the wax guard?. These molds don’t need them, I was told. Wow! I was highly skeptical. I’d used wax guards for domes for 15 years.

And yet, Yes, my custom molds don’t need wax guards. And what a relief! I’m so happy to leave all of that in the past.
I DO carefully examine and brush my molds each and every morning. Also, I have a Jodi hearing aid vacuum. This last is indispensible for me. I produce a good amount of wax. And I always put my aids into a dessicant jar before bed. So there’s usually some dried wax residue on the outside of my aids in the morning. Or in or around the vents. This is not an issue! the brush on the cleaning tool, or the Jodi vac will take care of this.

Not having to hassle with wax guards is very nice!

1 Like

Phonak Slimtips use a wax guard too