Small discovery regarding sound quality of Signia HA's

I have Signia’s Stylettos 7AX which I self program and had them for 6 months so far. Recently I’ve been readjusting some options in Connexx and I turned off the “Tru Ear” option [which is supposed to simulate pina effect of the ear and is ON by default], which switched them to omnidirectional mode.
To my huge surprise it made everything sound sharper, more detailed, and open [I have high frequency hearing loss].
Now I have a separate program where TE is turned off and which I prefer most of the time. I’m yet to find a situation where TE is truly beneficial. It’s supposed to help with directionality as turning it off, turns off all of the auto-directionality modes too.
Perhaps it might help in really noisy situations as all the auto AI stuff can focus on speech sources better, without such environment though, I would turn it off, as it tends to focus on sound sources I wouldn’t hear even with normal hearing [like car traffic far outside] and muffles everything.
IMHO it should turn itself on and off in tandem with other directionality stuff when necessary.

2 Likes