Signia Silk 7ix appropriate for my hearing loss?

Hi
I am new to this forum and have had a recent test that shows a decline in my hearing ability.

Suffering from tinnitus I struggle in noisy environments and with people who talk softly.

Would Signia Silk 7ix aids be suitable for my hearing loss?

I would prefer a CIC type of aid but am willing to accept any advice that is given

If you can tolerate occlusion, they should help. Occlusion results from inadequate venting (not really possible in a CIC) that creates a boomy voice and loud chewing noises) You’re going to have a tough time getting high frequencies. Any idea of what your word recognition scores are?

Is this your first set of hearing aids?

Any modern hearing aids should help you a lot.
Have you considered Costco?

If so, you have been missing a lot of sounds, really tuff time in noise. Women and children are very difficult.

All the new sounds with heating aids can be overwhelming, it takes time to get used to them.

I’m based in the UK and know Costco have Rexton.

Costco is generally present in most areas but there are not many audiologists stores and none in my vicinity!

Yes. These would be my first set of hearing aids.

HA’s are available on a 60 day trial basis but wanted to try and get some unbiased opinions before I take the plunge!

Appreciate the help!

Ive been using CIC for the last 20 years, widex.
They were and still are the best for me, indeed with the right venting size.
Now testing Signia Pure C&G 7IX. I am missing the CIC feeling but step by step I hope to get used to RIC.

Your hearing loss and the OP’s are very different. Totally different to fit.

1 Like

sorry, what is OP?
do we have a guide for all these letters? :smiley:

OP is Original Post. There is no guide but a simple Google Search will usually reveal the answer.

2 Likes

I personally don’t like to push brands when I know they are all good when properly fit.

The difference is the fitter. Find an audiologist/fitter you are happy with that knows their stuff. Those aids will be the best for you.

sorry, I didnt want to push it, it was an example
I can remove my posts if it looks like that

I am not telling you what to do at all, enjoy your posts. The post was directed to the OP. Many people get caught up in brands when it’s not always the best way to think about it.

3 Likes

If you have to have a CIC, the silk is a reasonable choice.

A CIC may not be optimal for your hearing loss.

silk is not reasonable option, won’t fit him

A silk is the least occluding CIC.

1 Like