Signia Pure Charge&Go 7 AX vs ReSound OMNIA 9 - advice needed

Hi everyone,

I’m looking for advice choosing between the Signia Pure Charge&Go 7 AX and ReSound OMNIA hearing aids 9 for my grandmother. She has moderate hearing loss and spends most of her time at home watching TV shows. However, she goes to restaurants with noisy backgrounds about once a week.

I’ve been doing research but am still unsure which would be best for her situation. The ReSound OMNIA won a 2023 Expert Choice award from Hearing Tracker. But in their comparisons, it scored only 1.1/5 for speech in noise, even though it was 4.1/5 for speech in quiet environments. (ReSound OMNIA vs. Signia Styletto AX: What's the difference?)

The Signia Pure Charge&Go 7 AX also seems highly rated. I’m wondering if anyone has personal experience using both of these models? Or has recommendations on which would work better for primarily TV watching at home with occasional restaurant visits? Any advice would be much appreciated!

I know hearing aids are quite individualized, but I’m trying to get a general sense of the benefits and drawbacks of these models for my grandmother’s needs. If you’ve tried the OMNIA and Pure Charge&Go AX, please share your experiences. Thank you in advance for the help!

PS my grandmother tried the Signia Pure Charge&Go 3AX for 2 weeks and said that while sounds were louder, she still couldn’t understand speech well. She also had fit issues with the dome not being comfortable. So I’m hesitant to try the 3AX again but wondering if the 5AX or 7AX may be better options.

Put some effort into finding a good audiologist/hearing aid fitter and worry less about the particular hearing aid.
Are her lunches with a group or just one other individuatl? Dealing with one individual in a noisy setting can usually be handled by them wearing a microphone around their nect that streams to the hearing aids. A group often requires a more sophisiticated microphone that sits on the table.
Sharing her audiogram and word recognition scores would give us a little better understanding of her hearing.

3 Likes

I do not have any experience with the ReSound, but I did trial the Pure Charge&Go and liked it very much. I found that I could hear surprisingly well in noise and that speech clarity was very good. The only reason I didn’t keep it is because Signia has come out with an upgrade from the AX to the new IX. I’m currently waiting for my audiologist to get one in so I can trial it.

I should note that I didn’t like the Pure Charge&Go AX at first, but only after I went back to the audiologist to have the settings tweaked. So I would concur with the recommendation to get a good audiologist.

Both Resound and Signia just released new platforms/devices, there are some significant connectivity upgrades (they will be able to directly connect to recently released TV with Auracast). Signias IX are supposed to be much better in group settings.
You should check if you can get them instead.

I have Stylettos 7AX, and trialled them alongside Omnias. Signias just sounded better to me, across the board. It took months of fine tuning to get them where I wanted them to be, mostly in speech recognition and loudness department.

Also consider looking at Costco’s offerings if you can, Rextons are rebranded Signias 7AX and Jabras rebranded Resounds, while being much cheaper.

1 Like

No-one can tell you which is “best” this is something only you and your Nana can decide, so it’s a trial and error situation for people, you’ll need to put these in that situations that you find challenging and only then will you know which is “best” for you
Both ReSound and Signia are favourites of mine, I have both AX and Ones and I find them very similar in sound quality for my needs.
As stated already,Costco is the place to start, only premium models are sold.

1 Like