Signia Pure Charge&Go 2X not charging

In the Spouse of the HA user. He has moderate hearing loss (and tinnitus) for a while then a stroke in March made his left ear worse. He’s had the signias (first ever ha) since about end of August. Recently the left one stays stuck on one Orange bar in the charger. It did not get wet or anything. We have an appointment with the audiologist but it’s not soon enough. He has a lot of rehab going and not being able to hear the therapists makes it difficult. So I was digging around hoping I could troubleshoot it myself for now. The aides are paired to his phone but I cannot get them to show up in the Signia app, which looking at reviews is a piece of junk anyway. Does anyone have any ideas of something that I might be able to do to get that one working until our appointment? I’m definitely interested in pursuing diy programming in the future. I hate having to make an appointment every time we want to tweak something. Can’t always tell if it’s going to be helpful until you use it a while. I know the tinnitus settings need to be tweaked also. Thank you for any advice!

Since your not getting red flashing lights then at least no error or serious issue, are you able to swap the HAs around,as in put the left in right hand side? Just to check that it’s not the charger. You could also unplug the charger unit and wait a couple of minutes then turn it back on.
Do also check that the contacts
(if they have them) are clean in the slots.
Also reboot the HAs,by holding down the button, could be all it needs.

iPhone or Android device? But yeah thats a bit strange, if you are definitely paired then they should show up in the app, I’d unpair them and try again from scratch, I have the app and it works perfectly without issues, I think a lot of those reviews are from people who don’t actually know how to pair to the phone first before trying to use the app.