Signia owners w/bluetooth HAs, pls try this simple experiment - takes only a minute

Please try turning off the bluetooth feature of your hearing aid by using the app with the following process:

1. press the ‘hamburger’ menu in the upper left corner of the app
  2. select ‘settings’ in the next menu
  3. select ‘Hearing aid settings’ in the next menu
  4. slide the ‘Bluetooth mode’ slider to the left.

You should hear a ‘boo-beep’ sound in your hearing aids, that signals that you have successfully turned off bluetooth. Slide the slider to the right - the app will use high frequency sounds to signal the aids to turn bluetooth back on. If that doesn’t work (sometimes), shutting off and turning on your hearing aids will re-enable bluetooth.

If the slider ‘bounces’ back to the right (and doesn’t stay on the left side) and there’s no ‘boo-beep’ sound, you are one of the few who can no longer turn off bluetooth like me. Please contact Signia customer service and complain as well as report here on this thread.

I, like a few other people on this forum, need to turn off bluetooth at my workplace. They’ve broken that functionality of the app with the upgrade from 2.6.30 to 2.6.40 and it’s been several weeks (and one app upgrade from 2.6.40 to 2.6.41) with no response from management about fixing this. I’m now thinking that only if enough people are affected will they take this seriously - their testing didn’t uncover this issue and it seems to work with most of their aids.

TIA,
-Robert

Just checked mine and it still functions correctly. Turned bluetooth mode off, waited a minute, then turned it back on.

Signia Styletto 7AX
iOS version 16.6
Signa app version 2.6.41.11610

John L.

Stylettos 7AX here with Android. Behaves correctly for me too.

My Signia app for the Ax7s is notoriously finicky. The fix is ALWAYS; turn off my iphone and start it again. Now the app works perfectly, for an unknown period of time.
Or, I just go into the Iphone Accesibility function and go to my hearing aids there. bluetooth always connects there. Then I work out of my Iphone.

That’s great to know. But does the app turn off the bluetooth feature of your hearing aids successfully?