Signia mic streamer

i have the signia 7ax ric LI T P 122/65 aids. and i got a signia streamer
model AO04A
s# 3228993
r 201-171723
sg-AO04
and i’m trying to fit this to my aids.
i turn it on and i gat the on-off to turn on and then a yellow or orange i’m a bit colorblind to tell light flashes, i think that is the pairing lamp. then that turns to a solid yellow or orange turns on and i do not hear any taps when i tap the mic.but when i press the + or - buttons the aids volume goes up or dn.

then i hit the power button again and the orange light turned what to me is blue. then i hear taps on the mic but ei ehars tons of other noises that the mic is worthless in that program. so can anyone tell me if this streamer is even able to work with my aids? here are some photos. when the light is blue i do hear in the aids but it is hollow and if i touch the mic it makes so much noise it is obnoxious. and the get feed back in my aids.

Solid yellow means your aids are pair
Solid magenta means you are in remote mic mode ( you got here by holding mode button too long)

quick start guide

Fully automatic pairing

Pair StreamLine Mic with your hearing aids in three easy steps:

• Switch StreamLine Mic off and on
  • Switch the hearing aids off and on
  • Place both hearing aids next to StreamLine Mic (maximum distance: 20cm)

The pairing process starts automatically where the status display flashes yellow. As soon as pairing is complete, the status display turns yellow.

streamline-mic_topview_1000x1000

Pair StreamLine Mic with your Bluetooth device (e.g. smartphone) in three easy steps:

1. Make sure that your device’s Bluetooth is on (via “settings” menu)
  2. Press StreamLine Mic’s multi-function button and “+” button simultaneously for about 6 seconds. The status display starts flashing blue. (You now have 3 minutes to finish pairing.)
  3. Click on “StreamLine Mic” in your device’s Bluetooth menu (if a PIN is requested, enter “0000”). As soon as pairing is complete, the status display turns blue.

Pairing only needs to be performed once. Subsequently, the pairing activates as soon as the hearing aids, StreamLine Mic and Bluetooth device are switched on.

1 Like

ok i do not have any devices to pair just my aids. so i press the power button and the yellow light starts to flash i do not do anything with my aids. the mic then turns the yellow flashing light solid yellow. but i do not hear anything thru the mic. all it seems to do at this point is if i press the + or the - button is to turn the aids volume up and down. i really do not need a mic unit to turn my aids volume up and down

ir i press the power button longer it turns blue to me and then i hear sounds from the mic like if i tap the mic i hear the taps. but the sound is so horrible i can’t stand to have it in that mode

so for now what am i doing wrong? thanks

1 Like

You’ll need to go to your audiology clinic and have them sort it out, some additional adjustments.

Pair StreamLine Mic with your hearing aids in three easy steps:

• Switch StreamLine Mic off and on
  • Switch the hearing aids off and on
  • Place both hearing aids next to StreamLine Mic (maximum distance: 20cm)

Once your aids are paired, sounds like they since got got a solid yellow you would not hear anything unless you have your phone or another BT device inputting sound.
Once you hold down the button long to get magenta you have now turned it into a remote mic.
The remote mic is generally for voice communication. Wife sometimes wears it in the car on road trips or I suppose you could put in the center of a conferance table for meetings. I never liked it for happy hours etc because picks everything.

1 Like

With Connexx fitting software your audiologist can adjust and programm the Signia 7ax for a better streaming the microphone tone

my audi has a hard time with connex. she does oticon and does not like connex i do not blame her i do not like it either. i tried the above way again and did not have much luck. maybe when i get these aids finally adjusted so i hear regular sounds and the loud sounds that pinch my ears are gone i may try this mic again. i’m finally getting the tv streamer so it does not pinch my left ear. i had to turn the left ear tv from the 2k up freqs all the way down to -16 if i have those frequencies up i get what sounds like the ric is vibrating.

i even got new receiver’s because i thought the left one was bad and that did not help so i started experimenting with the numbers and found that anything above 2k and -16 did that. maybe i will try on freq. at a time and move it up to see what one is buzzing my ear. i’m about to go back to the phonaks they were so much easier to program. these signa’s are a pain. thanks

ok i went into connex under fine tuning and the audio streaming and i turned the audio all the way up across the board in both audio and hands free i saved the session and disconnected and i did not do anything on the mic. i have the mic on and it is green for on off and yellow for that program. and nothing changed.it may be the mic is bad. i did see the mic go into pair mode when i connected to the session and then repaired with i disconnected. but i got no change in the yellow light program. i did not try the bluetooth on the mic as it was obnoxious before i did these changes and i did not need to blow out my eardrums.

Okie Dokie, Okie Dokie,

1 Like

well i believe i finally got the left ear pinching figured out. in the tv streamer part of my fitting. it seems the 5k was the issue. i stared by lowering from 2k up to where the compression is shading out the blocks and slowly raised one column at a time until i got the pinching and then lowered it back, it turned out to be the 5k column. also i added ucl to the audiogram. i had that in the 5ax fitting program but the audi did not put that in the 7ax fitting for some reason. i noticed it was missing and put it back. so that helped with that pinching in my left ear.

What in the world are you talking about?

Thank you for posting this. I have just started having a similar problem. Went to my Audiologist yesterday and between her and tech support at Signia working for 30 mins they got it working again. But, this morning same problem. Then I connect the Mic to a third device and they started working with my phone again. This is beyond frustrating.