Signia IX or AX Hearing Aid Review

Hi
I have obtained great information from my last 2 post on searching for hearing aids with Signia as one of the recommendations. The IX does seem impressive, but I would love feedback from users. If the IX has not been around long enough, what about feedback on the AX. I think they are similar. One complaint I have heard is that if 2 people were talking in a noisy environment, you cannot understand either. Have no idea if this is true. Any comments on these aids or Signia in general would be appreciated.

I have Signa Styletto 7AX’s and am very pleased with pretty much everything about them. They’re small, lightweight and usually so comfortable that I often forget I’m wearing them. The only time I’ve needed to adjust the audio settings was once when trying to clearly hear a conversation in a very echoey room with loud music playing from a boom box. Using the iOS app I temporarily changed the hearing aid microphone direction to directly in front of me (where the speaker was sitting) and changed the “Balance” (as the app calls it) to “soft”. That worked like a charm.

2 Likes

You were probably hearing better than most un-aided people in the same room.

I also have Signia Ax 7s and like them a lot. Like any aid, they have to be fitted properly to show their true advantages.

5 Likes

I posted this review ( https://forum.hearingtracker.com/t/rexton-bicore-signia-pure-charge-go-ax/ ) of the Rexton Bicores a while ago. They are identical to the Signia Pure Charge&Go AX.

1 Like

You guys are great. Nothing like real review thanks

I’ve got the RIC 7AX (truhearing branded) with telecoil. I don’t use the telecoil but the aid is slightly larger and the battery life is longer than those without telecoil. I’ve had these for about a year and will upgrade to the IX platform as soon as truhearing gets the IX platform. We tweaked my aids several times but the left one is still a problem. I could not handle power domes so went with closed domes. Unfortunately feedback starts to creep in. Definitely moving to a custom mold next time around. The android platform has been pretty decent for blue tooth. The new IX will have auracast (will require a firmware update which should happen 1st quarter of 2024 for Signia brand). I use the “noisy environment” setting quite often. Not perfect but at least it knocks out some of the clutter. The TV streamer is fantastic albeit over priced . So I’m not quite there yet but I really believe the custom molds will help. My insurance allows me to order truhearing aids every year with unlimited visits the first year. The cost for premium aids is $999 for two so I figure if they fail miserably I can always switch. My Audi has fitted a couple of the Signia IX aids and was really impressed. The ability to pinpoint moving speakers really intrigues me. (disclaimer - I love technology!).

you may find that good ol’, non tech ear molds do more for you than a hundred adjustments. It makes sense to start with molds first, and if they help, dial in adjustments afterwards. Trying to finesse adjustments only to find you need molds…won’t work. You’ll be back to square one.