Signia ax5 tv streamer

today i got a tv streamer for my signia hearing aids. the seller said it was for the rexton hearing aids i asked here and i’m sure someone said that tv streamer will work for the signia hearing aids. will i turne it on and restarted my hearing aids and the blue lights on the streamer are flashing but not turning a steady blue as the instruction on the signia site said they should do.

so now this device has a mode and setup button on it do i have to press these to get this into a mode or some setup? is there some online manual for these?

ok i found a maual and this device is not doint what the manual says it needs to be doing. i turn it on i get the power lite for ashort tiem and then it goes into paring mode. the instruction say if it is not seeing any input at the toslink or the rca cables the power lite should be it looks green and the tv should be red and all i get is blue after i turn it on. so does anyone have some knowledge on these tv streamers? or might i have got a bad one?

I have not swapped manufacturer for these devices. But here’s some video instructions:

• Signia TV Streamer → Link
  • Rexton TV Streamer → Link

thanks pvc i’m sure i asked here it they would work with signia because i would not have got them with out someone here telling me they are the same units. i went thru the signia manual and this unit only shows the white light when turned on for maybe 5 seconds and then goes into flashing blue. the manual says if the toslink or rca cables are not connected the lights should flash or be either green or red and none of that is happening. i did reset and the mode and that did not help either.
i will go to those links and see if ther is anything in them that may help. i have a email now out to rexton asking about this issue, maybe they can help me and or send a manual so i can see how it is different from the signia manual for the streamers. thanks

ok the streamer behaves more like the signia than the rexton per the videos, on the rexton the lights starter blue and turned green and blue but these start flashing blue. but in the rexton manual they are said to start flashing blue and then turn solid blue when paired. now my aids are at channel 193 for bluetooth i wonder if that is out of the streamers range?
so was is the rexton compatible with the aignia ax5 aids? if not i was in error and i will just have topeddled them ans the seller does not want them back. and i can’t prove that this unit is bad with out rexton aids to pair to it then. bummer i guess.

Just to confirm you got the MK2 one, there’s an older version floating around as well, if your eBay seller claims it works then , I’d suggest you add it in Connexx to confirm.

tenkan i got this tv streamer from ebay i was sure i asked here if it would work but i must have misunderstood i guess. any way it will not pair when i power it up the power light is white for maybe 5 seconds and then both lights start flashing blue. i went thru the signia tv streamer user manual and in the troubleshooting section this will not doo any of the error messages that the manual claims it should do like if both inputs are plugged in it should geve codes on thos 2 lights or if there is not input audio signal the lights show an error pattern. but because this is the rexton i do not know if it has the same error codes. it could be deffective but i need the rexton tv streamer manual to be able to test. this unit has smart transmitter 2.4 in the top of the unit anyway if you use this link you may see the model he posted as some that work with it. mine is not listed but he told me it should work and liek i said i asked here and i was sure one said yes it will work, or i would not have got it based on pvc telling me to make sure they work. anyway if i can get the manual to prove out the errors and this one does not show the errors when not properly connected i can bring a not working case and return it

also what do you mean add it in connex to confirm? i looked in the connexx fitting program and i did not see it there is there a way to put this in the connexx fitting program to see if it might get the aids to connect? if that is what your saying? unless someone on this site may have figured this out? thanks.

Power both the tv transmitter and your aids off. Be sure your aids have fresh batteries. Power on the transmitter then power on your aids laying them on the transmitter. Once paired both lights should turn solid blue for a short time.

https://www.signia.net/en/chargers-and-accessories/streamline-tv/

thanks but i tried that and it did not work. also i get no fault codes for when it is not connected the the tv. but i would think it would still pair to the aids even if not connected to the tv.
i have fresh batteries i tried the reset and the mode buttons holding the rest does nothing that i see, but the signia manual said that button clears all the pairing. i push the mode button and hold it and the unit turns off and then back on and the tv icon light turns white and then both lights turn flashing blue and it again tried powering off the aids and back on and it will not pair. i just did that again powered off the streamer and the aids. then plugged in the streamer and while the white light one the power icon was wite i powered the aids and the unit just keeps flashing blue. now i do not have it connected tot he tv but i would not think that is necessary to pair them. but if you think i have to then i will hook it to the tv, but it’s not easy to maneuver around the tv so i do this at my pc. on the table. thanks

do you have the manual for the rexton streamer? i wonder if the setup is different? i would think they both would be the same but in the rexton pairing the lights are a different pattern. byt the way i tried that process 2 times and i stll have the streamer with blue flashing lights thanks

one thought. i have my aids setup to start in the universal mode. could that be why they might not be pairing? should i go into the fitting program and set them to start in the tv mode to pair them and then go back in the fitting program and reset the starting options? the audi set them for universal for the startup program so that the automatic features will work and so i do nothave to start them and change programs right off the bat. so i wonder if because it is not set for tv the pairing can’t happen? thanks

You might consider you got screwed by buying on ebay

that may be so but i have had 99.999999% success with getting things on ebay i have had maybe 4 things not work as intended. a lot better than amazon where some guy gets an item and then returns the bad one and they put that back on the shelf and then you get that bad part. also if it turns out to be defective i can return it anyway. but thanks

Oh this isn’t looking good, I think you have that older version that works on the Siemens not the Signia, what I was thinking was adding the tv streamer to the rocker switch in Connexx, but it doesn’t matter. You could try one last thing before returning it, it does say to place the HAs “on” the streamer when trying to pair (can’t see why tho, but that’s what the manufacturer says)
Also are you using the App, if so does it show up there?

tenkan. i did not try the app. but i did check to see if i could switch my aids start up sequence in the connexx fitting program and i can’t they will not start in the tv mode. only the universal mode and then switch them to the tv mode.

to be fair i believe they are defective because the lights do not even show when you have both the toslink and the rca cables both connected, they should show red lights. also the do not show any of the faults that the signia manual talks of. now they may not connect to the signia aids, but my guess is the manual would be similar for both units. plus i just can’t find a manual for this one. when i turn it on i get the power light white and then they go to blue flashing and stay that way. no matter how i connect the input cable the lights do not change. the manual said if both the input cables are connected then the unit will flash the lights in red or green colors.

the rexton Yt that pvc sent shows the power turns white and the tv turns green and then they pair and turn blue
in the signia YT the power turns white then both flash blue then when he pais them the power goes back to white and then both turn blue when paired.
this unit i have the power is white and the both start flashing blue and they never change any colors. i plugged in both the rca and the toslink cables to the tv and the streamer and the lights never changed colors the manual says if both sets of cables are connected to the streamer the lights turn red. so i think this is a defective unit. and so monday i will start a return process.
i know the toslink works on the tv as i have head phones now connected and they work. i also tested the rexton toslink cable on my headphones and it worked. so the base must be a bad unit. thanks

Fair enough, certainly sounds like you’ve tried everything, send it back and keep looking on eBay, if I see something I’ll PM you as well.

thanks tell me what do you think of the mike? do you think that might be a better option than the tv streamer? then i can have bluetooth anyplace or is that not really recommended ?

also tuesday i will open a case on ebay and see what happens? unless signai gmbh tells me i can fix that somehow and that this only works for the rexton hearing aids, but not mine unfortunately. thanks

i had a thought that maybe someone may now. these streamers have a setup and amode button. i wonder if those buttons can be used to change the programs that they use for different hearing aids? they all may come off the same assembly line and then have a person setting at a table and setting them to a set of hearing aid models and then they put the sticker on them and box them? in the signia manual i did not see any mention of the mode button. if it is in there i missed it. so by any chance does anyone happen to know. because i have been pressing both of them i may have put this into another hearing aid program. i know if you press it and hold it it turns the unit off and back on. just a thought thanks

I have used the remote microphone, it’s ok but I found the battery didn’t last long, but you could plug it in while using it.
I use the ReSound Multi Mic for my TV streaming, it’s a much better device all round, of course no good for the Signia AX, but using a remote microphone as a streaming device is not a bad idea, just a battery thing to keep an eye on.
As for changing the device with the on/off button is not going to work, Rexton/Signia are the same, the issue is getting the correct model, Oticon using this as well, but you cannot use their version, so yeah it’s a mast produced item for a lot of different manufacturers.

tenkan. i was not saying using the on off to change it i was suggesting that the mode button may have something to do with what hearing aids they might program to. i have had electronic devices before that if you want to change what they worked for you used a button on them with a code. like hold the button until it turns a light on and then press that same button 3 or 3 times and now it is for a device.

i have a car camera that you have to do that with to get it into a record mode or into a loop mode or whatever.
so what i’m saying is this unit may be similar for rexton it may take 3 presses and for signia 4 presses and for phonak 5 press and so on. what i wonder is if that can be done is if it puts the streamer into a channel like a router that you can set 8 different channels on, i can get 250 bluetooth channels on my signias so it might be possible that i could set the streamer to a channel and then put my aids in that same channel? just an idea. in the manual the only reference to that mode button is contact the hearing provider, so there has to be something with that. so i sent an email to my audi and maybe she can find that out in her insider network with the mfg. i asked that YT guy cliff but he has yet to answer any of my questions so he must not reply to questions on his YT very often
thanks

Ok I meant on/off mode buttons, but it’s a interesting theory, but very unlikely, it’s not just Bluetooth channels, but Bluetooth frequency, and for some manufacturers" firmware" which you couldn’t just push “buttons” to change, would have to be flashed, but anyways your right about being able to change the Bluetooth channel on the HAs in Connexx, maybe get a Bluetooth scanner (snooping) to find what the TV connecter is broadcasting, but still I think you have an older version that is the main problem.
As for Dr cliff and the rest, they’re not going to be interested is helping with this kind of project.

tenkan. thanks i have these questions sent to rexton gnbh and sighia gmbh even though they are the same, rexton does not have any email contacts and refer you to ws audiology. and per the manual i sent an email to my audi but lie you said i’m not holding my breath on this. you know what is funny is if i put on a pair of ear muff type ear plugs that you use in a shop i hear the tv real good and the wife. it is like putting your fingers in your ears. i tried them to see if they would hold the over the ear phones i use to listen to YT at night when the wife has some dumb tv show on to help hold them in my ears and found out if i use them with just the aids i hear real well. go figure
if i do not hear back form the audi ot signia today i will open a case on ebay that they are defective. it turns out he gets returns and resells them. they say no returns but ebay policy is they have to work as intended these are not. thanks

this is what the manual says for the mode button

see the mode button #7

ok signia got back to me and said that mode button does nothing. i’m a bit sceptical as why would they put one on it if it did nothing? they may not want users to mess with it so they do not put info on it.

ok i got a refund and did not have to send them back. that is a great ebay seller. now i will toss this out. and see about getting one for the signia hearing aids directly. thanks for all the help on this one

Sivantos Group has created a conspiracy to annoy folks with the mode button. Send it to someone on here and let them try and report back. Not sure why you have two inputs? Or screwing around with connexx. Unplug the unit, take off the rca cables, be sure the toslink cable is plugged into the toslink port on your TV and your TV is on then be sure you see a red light at other end (don’t look directly at it) then insert it into the toslink IN port. Open the battery doors on the aids. Power up the TV connect then close the doors on you aids and lay them quickly on the unit.

Toslink cables are fragile if you didn’t a red light coming from the open end you have a bad cable.

https://fccid.io/SGI-TV03 for all you geeks

morgan. i did that as i was trying to get the streamer to show me an error to prove it was capable of doing something. it would not show any errors so that tells me it is defective. also i have a friend stop over that has rexton hearing aids and the same unit and he could not pair, so that proved it is not working properly, that may be why the seller got it, it may have been in a box full of items and he plugged it in and the lights turned blue and he sold it thinking it was a good unit as the lights turned blue. but because it can’t go into error mode something is wrong with it. and rexton emailed me and told me the same as signia did that the mode button is for looks. the seller refunded me and i tossed it in the trash and yes the toslink cable worked as i put it on the head phone box i have and the head phones worked thanks