Signia 7x or 7ax RIC with Silk 7x

I’m a home audio enthusiast and one of the rules of thumb for high end home audio and surround sound is to timbre match speakers by selecting the same brand of similar quality for the system. I wondered if this would also apply to HA’s?

I currently have a pair of Signia Silk 7x that I use for work and overall convenience. I do however, like the audio quality of RIC HA’s and they do well for me with my ski slope type loss. I’m looking at used pairs of either the Signia 7x or 7ax, I program them myself with Connexx and my Noahlink, to alternate between the Silks, mainly when I’m not traveling.

Looking for opinions on if the 7x RIC would be a better match with the Silk 7x than would be the 7ax since it is the more upgraded model? The Silks are a different animal given their compact size so their 7x technology might be very different than the equivalent levels in an RIC by Signia.

I appreciate the forums input on this!

1 Like

I don’t think it would make any difference regarding tonal quality between 7x and 7ax as I’m pretty sure they both use the same receivers (speakers). You could look in the software to see if there’s any difference in the settings available to you. Don’t know what kind of prices you’re paying for used, but Costco has the very similar Rexton model for about $1600 US$ for a pair.

Thanks! I always prefer programming them myself and the aftermarket for 7ax or 7x is a fraction of what Costco would charge.

1 Like